1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wired Tether on WinXP

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by chevycam94, Jun 25, 2010.

1. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

Forgive me folks, I am not able to update my current laptop past Windows XP. It cant handle it well enough. This laptop is what I use for my development and themeing right now.

Anyway, I used to run Bugless Beast 1.1, and used wired tether perfectly on Windows XP, but now it doesnt seem to work on either Bugless Beast 0.2.1, or Simply Stunning 4.2. Whats going on? I would prefer wired tether to wireless tether, as wired keeps the head down, and far less drain on the battery. Anyone got any tips how to get this working, or if it even will anymore?
  2. Asterisk

Asterisk New Member

Do you use the tethering that came with froyo and by that I mean the one that you don't use a program with? If you do try pdanet. If you use pdanet then I am not sure I can help but I will try.
  3. chevycam94

I have tried Wired Tether, and the one built into Froyo, but neither work anymore. Never had to use PDANet.
  4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

5. chevycam94

Still didnt work. I remember using a drive like that on another XP laptop, and it worked, but wont work on mine. How did you get yours working?

Never got a prompt to install the driver. Doesnt even seem like the system is recognizing that there is new activity on the USB port.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  6. Hyde895

Hyde895 New Member

I recently had to get internet on an xp machine I was working on with no wireless card. All I did was plug in the phone to the laptop, went to the USB Tethering settings under Wireless & Networks> Tethering and checked on the option. Win Xp began searching for my phone, and I used the tetherxp.inf attached below when asked for drivers. This should really be all you'd need to do.

If its not finding your phone, the only thing I could suggest you doing is heading to the Device Manager settings and pay close attention to what gets added in when you plug in your phone, maybe its reading it as some other device. Once you do that you could delete that item and reinstall using the driver below. Good Luck!:blackdroid:

ps. This is considering you have froyo. for non-froyo Launch the app that you will use for Wired Tethering it should have the same effect where your pc will try to plug n play detect your phone. Just unzip the file attached and let the windows installer add the driver for you from there.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  7. chevycam94

Thanks guys, I got it working. Much easier and a little faster, too. Thanks for your help.
Search tags for this page
tether xp inf
tether.inf
tetherxp
tetherxp zip

tetherxp.inf

tetherxp.inf download
tetherxp.inf download free
tetherxp.inf install
tetherxp.inf not working
tetherxp.inf torrent
tetherxp.info download