Wired Headset

jeremywood30

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding an awesome wired headset. I tried the Plantronics Voyager Pro and some phone calls were very quiet to the ear. I have lost a little hearing. Any ideas for something that should have came with the phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mewshi

Reaction score
Not trying to flame, but why exactly should a wired headset have come with the phone? I don't see the point in adding to the cost of the device (which consumers eat no matter how you look at it) just so a select few people can get something extra for free.

Anyway, I just use a pair of regular headphones. The mic is sensitive enough that, as long as its not in my pocket, I can generally be heard...

napjester

Reaction score
I just got a pair o v-moda vibe 2 earphones (the one with the microphone) and it works great. If you want earbuds that have a lot of bass for music and a mic for the phone that works on the droid, you cant go wrong with that one.

OP
J

jeremywood30

Reaction score
Not trying to flame, but why exactly should a wired headset have come with the phone? I don't see the point in adding to the cost of the device (which consumers eat no matter how you look at it) just so a select few people can get something extra for free.

Anyway, I just use a pair of regular headphones. The mic is sensitive enough that, as long as its not in my pocket, I can generally be heard...

Why are you being a arse to someone who just started on here? Why don't you take this :icon_ banana: and sit on it... I have bad hearing. I NEED a loud headset for driving. This is why I asked about the headset. Being the first phone I have ever had without a stock wired headset...is odd to me. I'm sorry if your wallet is smaller than mine, but a wired headset is nice to have when your state requires hands-free phone call's while driving. Next time...don't be an arse, and try being sympathetic!

Sympathetic | Define Sympathetic at Dictionary.com

I included a link for you...enjoy learning! I know I do.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
As a reminder - let's all have a respectful conversation :)

josel545

Reaction score
Id recommend what someone earlier recommended.
That's getting some head phones. Im hard of hearing and so far its worked good. But if not then Idk what to say but you kinda have a point they should include a headset of some sort. I mean we pay enough for the phone why not throw in a headset.

josel545

Reaction score
I believe he meant that droid are expensive enough to where they should just throw in a headset or something. And try being a bit nicer instead of jumping to rad conclusions next time. The guys a newbie to the droid obviously.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never had a phone that came with a headset. My state (NY) requires hands free. Imagine my surprise when the Droid wouldn't even initiate a BT call from a BT headset! (Fixed in Froyo, but there are still phones without this!)

On the bright side, at least we get electrical chargers! Apple only gives you a USB cable charger!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BrownOut

Reaction score
Klipsch s4i earbuds

I'm thinking about this for a christmas present and just wondering if the mic and phone with the Droid 2 any body out there using this and does it have full fuctionality. Thanks in advance.:greendroid:

[email protected]

Reaction score
Wired Headset for Droid X

I've also been looking for a wired headset to use with my Droid X phone. The ones that hang in or over your ear don't work well for me - I guess I'm put together with left-over parts - the earbuds or any of the types that hang in your ear are uncomfortable for me and won't stay in place. I do not want to have to deal with Blue Tooth and more battery concerns. I would really like to find a headset-mic that goes over the head and plugs into the headset jack - just plain and simple. I bought one of the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptors from Verizon, but it won't work with the 2.5mm RTS connector that I used with my BlackBerry. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Burt

I'm having a hard time finding an awesome wired headset. I tried the Plantronics Voyager Pro and some phone calls were very quiet to the ear. I have lost a little hearing. Any ideas for something that should have came with the phone?