wiping?

scott craft

Reaction score
Is it necessary to wipe when installing ud 8? I installed it today with no wiping to see how well that would work. This rom has a lot of nice features, but I am having major redraw issues. Would wiping and reloading the rom help? I really want to stick with this one for a while.

joesaksx

Reaction score
Wiping is always a good idea. Any time you have problems its always a good idea to wipe if you haven't.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Too. Many... Jokes.

Must. Clear. Mind.

NNNrrrrrgh!

luigi90210

Reaction score
you shouldnt have to wipe ever
the only time you should wipe is if you are having major problems or when your transferring from another android verison(IE going from 2.1 to 2.2)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The redraw is because of your settings in whatever launcher you are using. I was having huge redraw issues but I found a thread in here.. I think it was the thread where you download UD 8.0 at. Anyways, I changed my Launcher Pro settings and the redraw went bye bye.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the only time you should wipe is if you are having major problems or when your transferring from another android verison(IE going from 2.1 to 2.2)

Like Dusty said.. too many jokes, must clear mind.

Please.. just.. wipe.. :)
OR.. stay away from me.

luigi90210

Reaction score

OR.. stay away from me.
but i hate wiping its alot of work to get everything back to the way it was again LMFAO you know i havent wiped in months :p

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

OR.. stay away from me.
but i hate wiping its alot of work to get everything back to the way it was again LMFAO you know i havent wiped in months :p

On a serious note... I agree, it's like pulling teeth for me. I have so much changed on the phone I really hate wiping and taking the time to set it all back up. I think at this point I am pretty much stuck on UD so I don't have to. Definately not a bad thing though.

luigi90210

Reaction score

OR.. stay away from me.

On a serious note... I agree, it's like pulling teeth for me. I have so much changed on the phone I really hate wiping and taking the time to set it all back up. I think at this point I am pretty much stuck on UD so I don't have to. Definately not a bad thing though.
agreed i have tried other roms after UD8 and seriously they are not as smooth as UD8
the closest one i liked to UD8 was SS V4.7 and even than i missed every feature UD had when i was running it

martytoo

Reaction score
multiple wipes

Many suggest wiping three times before installing a ROM. How do you do a multiple wipe? I see the option to wipe in ROM manager but no option to wipe more than once.

Thanks.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
I have switched roms without wiping in the past. I was running lithium mod and it was very smooth with no redraw problems, but I couldn't help myself and I switched. I tried out Rubik 2.0 and I wiped before installing that. I was having redraw issues so I flashed UD 8 with no wiping. I had redraw issues, but since I've wiped and reflashed it is doing much better. Hopefully I can keep myself from switching for a while.