Wiping Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Skizz, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Skizz

Skizz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I'm kind of new to the android hacking community. Only about 2 months in, but I already have tried every rom. I came from the iPhone jailbreak community so I know a fair amount on hacking phones. My question is:

When I wipe before going to a different rom, this is what i do: reboot to recovery>go to advanced>wipe dalvik cache>go back to the main screen and click wipe data/factory reset>then I click on wipe cache>then I go into the partions menu and format boot, system, data, and cache>then install the rom from sdcard.

I was wondering if it is just possible to do the: wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache-and not do any of the other things i mentioned above.

I thank you in advance for your replies.

p.s. this site is amazing. Im on it everday.

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    I don't wipe anything unless after installing a rom I have problems. I have only wiped prior to installation maybe two or three times.

3. Skizz

Skizz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the quick response.. but what do u do when you do wipe?

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Well, it's sort of weird. That's one of the main things I don't like about Clockwork. So, when I think I do need to wipe, I switch to Sprecovery and because it's wipe & format options are much more clear and simple. So, I wipe data & cache and then select "whatever it says about formating the cache area" (I don't remember exactly what it says). I then select install options. I never actually used clockwork when I need to wipe. Sorry for a goofy answer, but that's the way it is. :)

5. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All I do is wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache. I have never had any issues flashing roms just doing that

Sent from my Droid

Search tags for this page

droid x2 wipe dawlvik