Wiping data & cache causing boot loop?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by gertman, Jul 10, 2010.

1. gertman

gertman New Member

Sorry in advance for being long winded AND if this has been posted before sorry again:

I have tried JRummy and Chevy's ROMS both, currently I am running Simply Stunning V4.4 and here are my issues:

1. I am currently running LauncherPro but it is running very slow....let me explain: if I open an application and stay in it for a few minutes then go back to home my home screen pops up BUT my icons and widgets don't load for 30sec to a minute. After this I still can't do anything (but look at my icons) for another 20 to 30sec. Now, during the first waiting period I CAN click on a docked icon. So everyone would probably say re-install ROM and after clearing data and cache. Which leads me right into problem number 2!!

2. If I try to install JRummy or Chevy's rom by wiping data and cache first I get a boot loop. I just tried this once yesterday and today with Chevy's and got a boot loop BUT with JRummy's the last time I tried this a few weeks ago I got all the way to the reactivate touch the green guy and got a force close!!! After I took the battery out and rebooted I got a boot loop.

Can anyone help, is anyone else having these problems? Should I post number one in a different topic of this forum?
  2. denlem

denlem New Member

I've seen the exact same problem with a boot loop during a wipe.

Typically when I try a new rom, I wipe everything out and flash back with RSD Lite and the 2.0 .sbf file. This way everything is cleared out, just in case. Probably overkill, but I never run into any problems when trying a rom when doing this.

From there, I flash the rom I want to use and eveything works with little or no problems.

A few months ago I went to do this to go back to BuglessBeast from another rom. I got stock in a boot loop. I recovered, cleared out, and tried another rom and got the same boot loop. Finally i gave up and went back and did a fresh install of the rom I was running with no problems. That brought me to boot loops too. WTF?? It ran fine before!

Luckily I did a nandroid backup before my upgrade and was able to flash back to jrummys froyo 1.0 with no problem.

Yesterday I attempted to switch to Simply Stunning 4.4 and just decided to go for the upgrade without a wipe or anything. The upgrade worked and had no boot loops at all.

I haven't dug deeper, but it seems like ROM Manager is the problem if I wipe. It's always worked fine in the past. I still need to test more, but it gets to be time consuming. Nandroid installs haven't been an issue when wiping.
  3. Abadus

Abadus New Member

I have the same launcher pro problems. I thought this was 2.2 just killing the launcher all the time which totally blows and slows the phone way down.

I have not had any boot loops but I have had strange stability and weird camera issues. Camera will lock up all the time on me and I have had more spontaneous reboots in the last few days than all the previous days combined.

I wiped 2x everything data cache boot and system through clockwork..... Maybe I should do it all over again and do it with SP?
  4. smilepak

smilepak New Member

I just had this problem. After putting in SS 4.4, it will loop at the boot screen. It was an easy fix..

1) Take out battery
    2) Put in battery and hold "X" while power on.
    3) In clockwork mode, erase cache and wipe data / factory reset
    4) repeat #3 above for 3 times, do 4 or 5 times just in case :)
    5) select install from SD card.

in my case, I used ROM Manager, so I had the SS 4.4 file already on ROM manager. Went to that path and install. Reboot, it back into the phone. First thing was to install ROM Manager, and re-do the SS4.4 script (since i had selected over clock 1ghz, theme, etc.). It does it job and finished reboot. done.

No issue.
Search tags for this page

boot loop wipe cache

boot loop wipe data
t769 no wipe cache boot loop