1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wiping cache/data with clockworkmod

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by HarleyDad09, Sep 20, 2010.

1. HarleyDad09

HarleyDad09 New Member

Ok, I am going to flash a new rom and have read that you should wipe data and cache a few times prior to doing this..

I have done my backup through rom manager. Now when I bootup in clockworkmod recovery mode, there is the option to wipe the data and another to wipe the cache. When I click either one, it gives me a disclaimer saying this cannot be undone, then I have to scroll through a bunch of NO's before I get to yes.

Is this how I wipe my data/cache numeous times?? Also, is there a specific order that I should do it? I e, wipe data then cache, repeat. Or wipe data a few times then cache a few times?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

just do data a few times (3 to be sure) and same with cache. u have to go thru all that just to make sure u dont do it by accident.
Search tags for this page
android full wipe clockworkmod
clockwork mod wipe cache
clockwork mode clear cache
clockworkmod clear cache
clockworkmod how to wipe cache and data

clockworkmod recovery wipe cache

clockworkmod wipe cache

clockworkmod wipe data and cache

full wipe with clockworkmod recovery
fully wipe via clockworkmod
recovery hangs during data wipe android