Wipe phone with no ADB, root or screen, HELP!!

jhev1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm in a bit of a bind here. Screen is toast on my razr. I got a replacement through insurance (third time around it actually worked!!). Now I need to send this one back to them, but my question is how do I wipe it? I put it next to my good phone and walked through trying to shut it down by touching in the same place, but that did nothing. I don't adb enabled on the phone, there is no root, and I don't have a remote wipe program installed. Is there anything I can do? I plug it in via usb to my pc and I can see the contents. My wifi is working because my green light flashes when I get emails. I'm at a loss and really don't want to send it out with my life on it. Any thoughts?

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it an insurance replacement through Asurion? Where you pay a deductible? If that is the case, they cover loss and theft. Water damage, throwing into the snow, running it over.... You get the idea.
If so, tell them you lost it. The end. Or run it through the dishwasher before sending it back. You "life" is gone. (just remove SD card...)

If it was replaces through Verizon for free due to hardware issues still in warranty, try installing "plan b" from app store, I'd you can get pc to see it...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jhev1

Reaction score
It's a replacement from Asurion. but I already filled out a claim saying just the display was broken. SD card is already gone, I hooked it up to my pc and formatted what I could. Changed amazon & google pw's. I think I might be ok to send it, but would feel better knowing it was wiped. How do I install from the pc?