1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

wipe data/ factory reset?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by actngrezy, Apr 10, 2010.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Ok so heres my thing. I have done a few different update.zips trying different kernels and 2 different themes which my phones seems a tad slower especially after applyin a diiferent theme I wanted to know if i can wipe data and cache then restore to my most recent back up after doing so or will I have to start fresh and put exactly the combo I want to use by starting with a nandroid.zip and then apply the kernels/ themes I want?
  2. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

Yes. The Nandroid restore will put you back to where you were at the time you made the Nandroid backup. After that, you can apply kernels, themes,custom boot animations and live wallpapers using the update.zip method.
  3. actngrezy

i made a few backups and the one I would like to use has the kernel and theme I would like so would it be better per say to clear data/factory reset and choose a backup w/o any kernels and themes loaded then load them through update.zip or can I wipe data and choose a back up with everything already loaded?
    Wasnt really sure which would be better for phone and since I'm wiping data and cahe if the restore w/ everything on it already is ok to use or if orginal rom nandroid would b better to use in his situation?
  4. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

I would wipe and reset everything and load the Nandroid backup you have. Do that if you were satisfied with your Droid's performance when you made the backup. There is no need or benefit to loading a new ROM and then applying kernels, themes, etc. so long as the backup you have has no issues.
  5. actngrezy

great. I was hoping for that answer. Thanks again
Search tags for this page

adb factory reset

adb factory reset#gsc.tab

adb wipe data

adb wipe data factory
adb wipe factory reset
android adb factory reset
cara wipe data/reset factory root android
factory reset tru adb