wipe before new kernal?

SlickMcVega

Reaction score
installed atlantis and it didn't come with the bekits kernal, my chevy lv1.0 stayed, so i went to flash the bekits and it keeps aborting. Do you need to wipe data before u can flash a new kernal?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, but you need to wipe before you install a new rom.

OP
S

SlickMcVega

Reaction score
No, but you need to wipe before you install a new rom.

would i need to use setcpu to set to factory max before i flash a new kernal? because there is no reason it should be aborting. yes im a noob, but i have put in alot of read time to avoid asking questions that plug up the threads. lol

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No you don't have to do that..if it's aborting, its most likely because its named update.zip.zip...check on your computer.

OP
S

SlickMcVega

Reaction score
No you don't have to do that..if it's aborting, its most likely because its named update.zip.zip...check on your computer.

naw it was update.zip definately. redownloaded link, renamed it yet again, went to spr, allowed, and installed yet again, and it failed again. downloaded chevy's 1.25 ghzlv and it flashed to droid. so i dont know why the bekits didnt' work. i was useing the link from the droid hacks>android roms>roms/kernals/themes link at the top, then the bekits link. maybe it was a bad link? i can't explain it..lol

V

verian

alot of the time its bad links. Sometimes it will go threw the motions all the way even look just like it worked but the file on the PC will be at 0.0 for byte size in the properties. I always check just to save myself time. Kernels are usually 3/4 Mb and roms are anywhere from70/90 that I'e seen.

OP
S

SlickMcVega

Reaction score
alot of the time its bad links. Sometimes it will go threw the motions all the way even look just like it worked but the file on the PC will be at 0.0 for byte size in the properties. I always check just to save myself time. Kernels are usually 3/4 Mb and roms are anywhere from70/90 that I'e seen.

good to know, thx for the heads up. would anyone know a different place for the bekits 1.2ghz kernal?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/45504-updated-droid-rom-links-kernels-themes.html
-went here to download a bekits kernal. so far i have tried 1.2ghzlv, 1.3 ghzlv, 1.2ghzsv, all abort download. so just to make sure I assure myself i know how to do it, I flashed chevys 1.0 and 1.2 both worked. so oh well I guess I just dont get to use barnacel or usb tether

Last edited: