Winners Announced: Root Explorer

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Want to go through your phone and delete all that bloatware without installing a ROM, well Root Explorer does that and these 5 guys just won a free copy each. The giveaway went pretty well, and I think it’s time to share who won:
Because on I heard the warrior battle cry and responded. On Sunday 5/22/11 I am running the Warrior Dash in Mechanicsville, MD. I may not make it out alive. I would love a last chance to win something and be able to pass it along to my wife and children. A little something they can remember me by. Oh who am I kidding? They would have no idea what to do with it. But I want it. Pretty please with cherries on top. I will share some of my turkey leg and beer if you pick me.

Pick me cause I never win anything.
clip_image001.gif

Plus I believe this is the most useful app you have offered up yet! Thanks for the chance.

I love DroidForums.net at you've helped me go from stock about a month ago to root, then flashing new radios, then ROM's, now nightly ROM's and Chad's Incredikernel beta's.

The one thing I need to take it to the next level is Root Explorer, please.

Thanks,

Chris

I've always loved reverse engineering things, and of course Android is no different. Now I understand that rooting isn't quite that, but at my low level of linux knowledge, it sure feels like it. When I first saw the D1 I fell in love and ditched my blackberry to buy it the day it came out. I discovered Droid Forums the same day, as well as the concept of rooting, custom kernals, and roms. Sure enough, I rooted it that same day (thanks to the awesome guides written & posted by DF users) and never looked back. There were lots of tasks I wanted to accomplish, but couldn't due to not having the time or patience to learn to use the terminal properly. My friend showed me Root Explorer and the capabilities and I was amazed! He allowed me to "borrow" it at the time, and I enjoyed using it until I had to RMA my phone. I now have a D2 (courtesy of Asurion) with root, but have been unable to afford my own copy due to bad living arrangements and a very unlucky streak of unemployment. My lady and I recently moved into our own place and have been penny-pinching to get by for now. Yeah I know, I'm paying a VZW phone bill and walking around with a D2 and almost no money in my pocket. It doesn't make much sense to me either, but I just can't part with my favorite piece of technology. I'd greatly appreciate getting a free copy of Root Explorer so that I'm able to safely remove some of the bloatware that comes on the D2 and provide an example of the power of rooting and the Root Explorer software to my friends with Android phones who don't know about it. And there you have it .. my droid-life story! Oh and um.. pick me pick me!!!
clip_image002.gif

I need to explore my roots so I can be sure I'm not adopted and that I wasn't born on another planet. Oh, wait, that's not what this app does. Actually I've used the root explorer app on my friends phone and I love it. I like the easy mount r/w feature as well as the search feature but I don't have it on my phone cause I'm a cheapskate and haven't been able to talk myself into buy it.
clip_image003.gif
And with the help of the benevolent droidforums.net, I won't have to buy it!
clip_image004.gif

Winners PM me, please and thank you.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm PM'd WenWM but I haven't received a response yet. Anyone else received a response? :unsure:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Got a response a few days ago asking for some information (name, email, etc) and after providing that it's been quiet again :dry: This is starting to feel less like winning and more like pulling teeth :icon_ nono2: :icon_ poke:

cfleury

Reaction score
I PM'd a few times with the additional info. but still no response????? Anyone else???