Windows Phone 8 Launcher for Android Handsets Running 2.2 and Higher

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;Yfaf5ZOqx9A]http://youtu.be/Yfaf5ZOqx9A[/video]​

If you are a closet fan of Windows Phone 8 and want to experience a taste of it on your Android Handset, you may want to download and try this great launcher. There are a couple of small issues that will not effect usability and those are covered in the video. One thing that we did not mention in the video is that once you change out the Wallpaper on your lock-screen you will no longer be able to get the Windows Phone 8 Lock screen wallpaper back. The launcher is smooth, will not degrade the performance of your handset and is great with battery life (even with the Live Tiles). Take a look and give it a shot. Enjoy!

Head on over to the PlayStore and Download Launcher 8

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Ill wait until tomorrow and try it on the note 2, im not a big fan of touchwiz.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

billjohnson

Reaction score
I've never been in the closet about the Windows Mobile OS. It's not bad but app support has always been its primary downfall. However I will get the 8X on VZW whenever WP8 gets Spotify and that random reboot bug is completely lined out.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Once you get the 8X, be sure to join us over here: HTC 8X Windows Phone

I've never been in the closet about the Windows Mobile OS. It's not bad but app support has always been its primary downfall. However I will get the 8X on VZW whenever WP8 gets Spotify and that random reboot bug is completely lined out.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hey, I'm on your homescreen CK! I see Guidot too at some point. haha

Just downloaded and installed this but my contact pictures aren't showing up? What app do you have set for that tile? People app or Google Talk?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hey, I'm on your homescreen CK! I see Guidot too at some point. haha

Just downloaded and installed this but my contact pictures aren't showing up? What app do you have set for that tile? People app or Google Talk?
hahahaha yup.

Take the tile off your home screen and re add it. When re-adding it look for the box that says "refresh contacts" hit that and when it adds the tile the contacts will show up. I didn't set it for any app, I just added the tile and it does it's thing. Hitting it brings you to your contacts

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm a big fan of WP 8 :) *CK runs and hides from the mob*

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Downloading now... This is FUN! We Android users have the best of ALL worlds. We can be any phone we want to be.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
it wont lock my phone even with the pattern lock with power button anymore. and download the anall lockscreen also, when i press that title my phone wont wake up. I had to do a battery pull. am i doing something wrong?

billjohnson

Reaction score
it wont lock my phone even with the pattern lock with power button anymore. and download the anall lockscreen also, when i press that title my phone wont wake up. I had to do a battery pull. am i doing something wrong?

Is this after installing the Launcher 8 application? If not, this should be moved over to a support thread.

billjohnson

Reaction score
That's strange. Try to clear the data from the app. Could be a new hardware issue as well. Or just re-install the app and then let me know.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
nope, not of the suggested worked. I am not able to uninstall the anall lockscreen either. was able to uninstall the launcher but not the lockscreen app. not sure if this matter but im running 4.2 mmuzzy aosp rom.