Windows Phone 7 ad

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Really? Windows Phone 7 Ads Slam Competition for Being Too Engaging

Featuring an official Windows Phone 7 ad.
[video=youtube;EHlN21ebeak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHlN21ebeak]YouTube - Really: New Windows Phone 7 Official Ad[/video]

This ad seems a little off. Do you see yourself as someone who misses out on life? As the story said, the people who this ad is trying to reach to are users who don't even have a smartphone yet, as the majority of those who already have a smartphone are happy with their choice. I'm almost inclinded to disagree, as I used to be a happy Windows Mobile 6.X user, but once I got my droid I haven't looked back.

The problem is that I can set my Droid up so that all I have to do is glance at it to see if I have any new updates and if nothing is there, I put it back in my pocket.

The only time I'm sitting there playing with my phone nonstop is if I have time to kill.
[video=youtube;EHlN21ebeak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHlN21ebeak"] [/video]

Droidfish

Reaction score
It's exaggerating to a certain degree, but overall I think it's a pretty smart ad. It definitely has relevance in our society as it's hard to go out in public and not see several people around you engaged in some sort of electronic device, be it a phone or something else.

I will agree that it's not a great way to sell your device in the sense that if the product they're pitching is any good it will be just as engaging as the competition they are mocking.

However, smart & witty with a little comedy added has proven to be an effective way to sell things, to the extent that some advertisements have very little to do with the product they pitch.

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
It's exaggerating to a certain degree, but overall I think it's a pretty smart ad. It definitely has relevance in our society as it's hard to go out in public and not see several people around you engaged in some sort of electronic device, be it a phone or something else.

I will agree that it's not a great way to sell your device in the sense that if the product they're pitching is any good it will be just as engaging as the competition they are mocking.

However, smart & witty with a little comedy added has proven to be an effective way to sell things, to the extent that some advertisements have very little to do with the product they pitch.

That is true, it just seems to mock the whole idea of smartphones to begin with though. If they were selling standard flip phones or such the idea works. If this was a message by the people for a better life, then yea the idea works. As a "message" to buy a Windows Phone, well jury's still out on that one.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with the OP but the commercials are great! I love it when the kid throws the ball at his dad's head. It's very smart marketing, whether it's entirely true or not at all.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea the ads are funny. I like em. I dont see me getting a WP7 tho. Sometimes all it takes is a good ad, commercial....