1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Windows Challenge - Web Authentication

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by jeepdude6, Nov 24, 2010.

1. jeepdude6

jeepdude6 New Member

Hey guys, I have an open wireless at work that does not require WEP, but does require Web Authentication. After UN/PW my DroidX doesn't seem to allow web-based apps access to the WLAN. (Am not sure if it is timing out when I switch to an app.) Is there an app out there that will allow me to access the WLAN as if it were a WEP?
  2. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

Connect to the network and open your browser to input the pw and username manually?
  3. jeepdude6

jeepdude6 New Member

Yep

That seems to get me into the network just fine. Do you know of any way to get directly through the Authentication via an app...(it times out after 30 mins and it's a PITA to keep entering the UN/PW!)
  4. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

sorry, not that I know of. I'd search google or the app market, see if there's something that looks legit, post your findings
Search tags for this page
android obex authentication

windows authentication challenge on android