Windows 8 consumer preview more to come

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
[video=youtube;zjOX6ileD_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjOX6ileD_c&feature=youtu.be"]<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjOX6ileD_c&amp;feature=youtu.be" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjOX6ileD_c&amp;feature=youtu.be">[video=youtube;zjOX6ileD_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjOX6ileD_c&amp;feature=youtu.be[/video][/video]

Enjoy this I will be doing more vidoes in the coming days

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
it could be as successful as Win7!

actually more the UI got a huge overhaul also it runs smoother I have been test for 3 months now Even the basic betas they launched Kicked but it Runs way better than any other OS I have run by far

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not feeling the tiles, but maybe once it's out and you can change how they display things will be a bit better. Not directly related to 8, but that's definitely the fastest version of Internet Exploder I've ever seen.

Could be good stuff, we shall see.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not feeling the tiles, but maybe once it's out and you can change how they display things will be a bit better. Not directly related to 8, but that's definitely the fastest version of Internet Exploder I've ever seen.

Could be good stuff, we shall see.

There is a mod out from one of the testers to run something similalar as like a mac Desktop or a windows 7 desktop ....but have not yet tried ......If I can find it I will try it out post video on it .........but for the official release I hope they change the UI or give us the option to

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I really like what they did with it. I'll be running it as soon as it's released. thanks for sharing!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
This OS is killer. I hate booting back into 7 to run my powerpoint and excel now...8 runs so damn quick.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This OS is killer. I hate booting back into 7 to run my powerpoint and excel now...8 runs so damn quick.

Have you tried to install on windows 8 I have found 85% of the programs are Backward Compaditable ...try it worst case it tells you it is not .......I am running Nero 11 like a champ ...flashplayer......also winamp an a few other programs

Ruckstar

Reaction score
is there an image or VM out there smaller than 2.5GB? does it need 20GB HDD space?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
is there an image or VM out there smaller than 2.5GB? does it need 20GB HDD space?

32 bit needs 16 GB HDD space. Tried installing it in VMWare for my girl, but her CD drive is broken and windows won't install without a CD drive even though I have the .iso. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
32 bit needs 16 GB HDD space. Tried installing it in VMWare for my girl, but her CD drive is broken and windows won't install without a CD drive even though I have the .iso. Lol

Actually There is a way around installing with a cd Let me see if I can Find It ......If I can I will PM you bro

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I downloaded it straight from the website and it updated on it's on. I didn't have to boot it by cd.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Neither did I. I used a bootable flash drive. But windows requires a working CD drive to install. Hopefully Wozzy PMs me the work around.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I caved in...I wasn't too fond of what I'd seen so far, and now that I've put my hands on it, I'm so confused with it. I probably need to play with it more but I'm not impressed thus far.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Looks like it was made for kids. Windows is horrible.