Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I had one weird issue after the update that fixed itself that dealt with my graphics driver. All I had to do was restart and it was fixed. Strange. I've also been running on Edge this entire day. I haven't dealt with Cortana just yet, (windows spotlight if you don't set up Cortana). I'll report back if I run into the same thing.

EDIT: Wow...'Task View' is basically 'Mission Control' from Mac. So glad Microsoft added this. SO USEFUL!!!
Multiple desktops too.

Spotlight is the search? I thought that's what they were calling the Windows Wallpaper with light & smoke.

Restarting after updates. That touchpad has never really worked right as far as multi-touch goes. Great when it works, then it just gives out.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Alright, now my touchpad scrolls the opposite way. Bugged me for a second there, then I thought about it. Now it scrolls the same way my work PC does (inverted), which I use way more often. Don't think I'll bother to try and change it.

My web-building software launched and I was able to type some, so I figure that should work.

I read an article on the Verge about Edge. The author said that it had some trouble keeping up with him. I'm experiencing some of that myself.

Windows Firewall also flagged like 3 different things when I just rebooted after updates were installed. 2 of them I was sure I wanted to allow. Researching the 3rd, but it looks like it's ok as well.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Multiple desktops too.

Spotlight is the search? I thought that's what they were calling the Windows Wallpaper with light & smoke.

Restarting after updates. That touchpad has never really worked right as far as multi-touch goes. Great when it works, then it just gives out.

I don't really know what the official name for it is, but it is just the search bar. If you activate Cortana, it turns into the Cortana circle and I then just refer to it as Cortana...I hope this hasn't done anything with iTunes cause then those are calls I don't want to deal with:mad:

EDIT: On a side of a side note...why hasn't Microsoft come out with a decent Music service with Podcast integration?

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
She can't hear me and I show no recording device in my settings. Strange. Not sure if the audio driver would have anything to do with it, but I've got the right audio driver and my speakers are working just fine. Everything else seems to have made the switch quite nicely. It even downloaded the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard something or other with some nice customization options for my wireless mouse. I've got the dongle plugged in, but the mouse is off and in the other room.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Fixed it. Just needed to reinstall my audio driver. Installed the one meant for Windows 8.1 and all is well. She can hear me and I just went through the voice training so she responds best to me. ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My only glitches have been minor. Got my network drive re-mapped and all is well there. Thinking I might bring my laptop to work tomorrow to continue playing. As the IT guy, it's my job to vet software like operating systems that we may want to move to in the future. ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
We will someday. The real trick will be installing our EMR software and etc on my test machine at work and see if I can get that working. Won't be switching any time soon, but if it seems to play nice on a network with Windows 7 machines and handles all of that, I might not specify to have 7 on any new PCs I get in the future.

Side note, I just found out that Edge has a Dark mode. I like it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Loving the action center. I like how I can miss an alert and then see it in my action center. Drove me nuts before :) I really can't find any dislikes so far. The entire experience feels......different (in a good way) I can't quite verbalize it at the moment

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm betting we'll upgrade in 5 to 7 years. Almost 80k PCs and testing takes time.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Loving the action center. I like how I can miss an alert and then see it in my action center. Drove me nuts before :) I really can't find any dislikes so far. The entire experience feels......different (in a good way) I can't quite verbalize it at the moment

Same here. Mac had this feature for the longest time and I loved it when I was working. So glad Windows has adopted this feature.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I dug out an old PC maybe 10 years old and slow as crap. Updated win 7. Ran the MS Tool and to my surprise, the PC could accommodate Win 10.
I let the Windows Update Tool do the installation.
I'm impressed. The machine never ran as fast and I love the MAC like features. MS Edge is a nice change as well.
I'll spend a little time today exploring the features.
Since I am a MAC guy, I'll most likely use this machine as my flashing tool.