Win7 no driver?

chitala383

Reaction score
Windows 7 wont recognize my d2g when in pc mode. ive tried multiple drivers and none work. in the device manager it just reads as mtp usb device. i am very very computer savvy and i cant figure this out for the life of me. Im rooted and running fission 2.4.3. i dont so much mind running my phone in usb mass storage to move files around and stuff but i kind of want pc mode to work. a little help por favor :)

draexo

Reaction score
My Win 7 auto installed the drivers. They are also on the Motorola website. Sometimes you need to remove the drives and reinstall them.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
C

chitala383

Reaction score
i tried uninstalling drivers and everything then reinstalling and no luck. im wondering if maybe its b/c of running fission rom. anyone with fission have the same issue?

draexo

Reaction score
i tried uninstalling drivers and everything then reinstalling and no luck. im wondering if maybe its b/c of running fission rom. anyone with fission have the same issue?
I am sort of ignorant about these things, but I do not believe the ROM you run has anything to do with recognizing the phone.

Did it recognize the phone before you put on Fisson?

CellZealot

Reaction score
No, the "Blurless" ROMs can definitely break USB functions like diagnostic mode in particular because many of the radio device interfaces depend on Motorola proprietary apks and lib files.

I recommend returning to stock and trying again.

draexo

Reaction score
No, the "Blurless" ROMs can definitely break USB functions like diagnostic mode in particular because many of the radio device interfaces depend on Motorola proprietary apks and lib files.

I recommend returning to stock and trying again.

Good to know.

OP
C

chitala383

Reaction score
Im def not about to flash back to stock, like i said i can go into my phone when its in usb mass storage, so its no big deal really. Ill just live w/ not having drivers.

OP
C

chitala383

Reaction score
turning off usb debugging did nothing for me, no dice.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
When I first plugged in my D2G (already had Moto drivers installed) it showed up as multiple devices. Most downloaded from Windows Update and installed with no problem. I still have one device that shows up as "MTP USB Device" and it fails to install. It hasn't prevented me from using my phone in PC Mode though. I've also sucessfully SBF'd multiple times with this "problem". What exactly isn't working in PC Mode for you?

apollyon0810

Reaction score
When I first plugged in my D2G (already had Moto drivers installed) it showed up as multiple devices. Most downloaded from Windows Update and installed with no problem. I still have one device that shows up as "MTP USB Device" and it fails to install. It hasn't prevented me from using my phone in PC Mode though. I've also sucessfully SBF'd multiple times with this "problem". What exactly isn't working in PC Mode for you?

For just a little more info, I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with the 64-bit Moto (4.9.0) drivers.

OP
C

chitala383

Reaction score
Im also running win7 64 bit and tried the 64 bit drivers. When in pc mode when i open up "my computer" my phone doesnt show up.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
Im also running win7 64 bit and tried the 64 bit drivers. When in pc mode when i open up "my computer" my phone doesnt show up.

LOL @ U.

When in PC Mode the phone won't show up under "My Computer". It will, however, show up under "devices".

OP
C

chitala383

Reaction score
no, its not there at all. im very good w/ computers, i know what im talking about.