wilson db pro amplefire

thomas1984

Reaction score
Hey every one. I have a new razr hd maxx and at my house I arly get 1 bar, I mean some times a text will go through and some times it wont. So I went today and bought a wilson db pro with the amni directional antenna and put it all together to dest it out before drilling holes in the walls roof and floors to run the wires. Now this thing is suposed to do a 5000 SQ FT house but if I go 15 ft away from the inside antenna I cant make a call. If I lay my phone on it, it will get 4 bars of 3g service but if I take it off It drops to 2 bars and if I leave the room I will lose servise! Does any one anything about these things? What gives? Im about to take it all back and tell verizon to cancel my service!

wcjeep

Reaction score
First, call Wilson tech support. They're good. Second, which inside antenna system did it come with? They have upgrades available. Also, how many feet of separation do you have between the inside and outside antenna? Too little will cause feedback. The system will automatically lower the power to reduce interference. Does this model have adjustable gain? Try lowering the gain.

OP
T

thomas1984

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply! I tries calling wilson but there out until monday. Yes I have the modle with adjustable gail and ive played around with it. but no change.. I live in a 56X 28 double wide ant the external antenna is on one corner of the roof and the internal atenna is in the bed room on the opsisite side of the house. I know we are supsed to have them in the center of the house but that wouldnt give the the 50ft distance.. This thing is suposed to do 5000 sq ft so I must be doing dsomething wrong..

wcjeep

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the distance required. Does the external antenna require a ground plane? If not, are there any trees you could safely place a ladder against? Greater distance and height should help signal. Are sure the external is multi directional?