willing to trade google wave invite for google voice invite

carbonnoid

Reaction score
I have 8 google wave invites, I am willing to trade one for a google voice invite.

Another thing, Is once i get google voice, I drop my text plan for 20 dollars, When I call someone it will be my verizon number, but when i text someone it will be my Google voice number? is that correct? is that how it works?

If google can save me 240 dollars a year, thats a Christmas present in itself!

Would it be prudent to give out my google voice phone number as my work number, so that I can lower my minutes on my plan? Since a lot of customer's call my cell phone number?

Do I cancel my visual voicemail and use googles or can i use both? one for home and the google voice one for customers?

I am sorry some or all of these may be answered already, but wading thru the google voice boards i just see people asking for invites, so i just decided why not just start my own and be direct about it.

And once I get my google voice invite, i have no problem sharing the other 7, so just let me know if anyone wants one.

damani112

Reaction score
I will send you a google voice invite. Tell me ur email address.

bartman

Reaction score
ah too late...

well it looks like someone beat me to it but I have been hunting for a wave invite forever. If you're willing to hook me up-I'd be very appreciative on this day of thanks :)
-regards

zegwin

Reaction score
OH!!! me pick me!!! (just wanted to act like a 5 year old again...)

aamzalag

Reaction score
Hey, i also would love a wave invite if possible. I do have google voice invites if you are still waiting for one. Thanks man, good luck

bartman

Reaction score
[email protected]
thanks a million...
i'll give it a try answering your questions; GV will definitely save you outgoing/incoming texting charges when set up correctly. I will try to find a summary on the best way to setup.
Calling on the other hand will continue to count towards your calling plan. It will not help you unfortunately there.
Using GV as a tool to consolidate vmails and your outgoing contact information is where it excels. Don't know enough about visual voicemail but GV meets my needs for the things you bring up.
hope this helps a bit and thanks for the wave invite...a lot.

godanigo

Reaction score
I'd give out your GV number if you plan to add your work number or house to it, the reason I don't give my GV number out is because I've had my cell phone number forever. When I first got Google Voice I tried the complete integration, and it wasn't for me at this point in time, but I can definitely see that working for you if you have a business.

And it's worth noting that at the moment GV isn't VoIP so you'd still be using all of your minutes even on the google voice calls. But Google did just buy Gizmo5 or whatever, so some are speculating that Google Voice might go VoIP.

And I love the GV visual voicemail, when I had t-mobile their visual voicemail was free so I never could bring myself to pay for verizon, so I say cancel it. It works perfectly and I love that it converts the message to text, even if most of the time it has no idea what my friends said.

And just in case you are still giving wave invites....

[email protected]

Please :)

Last edited:

godanigo

Reaction score
What if i add my GV number to my 5 free numbers that i get? still no good?

Yes. I'm not 100%, but perhaps 99%. Yes good, I mean.

P.S. You are awesome for giving out your Google Wave invites.

Last edited: