Willing to spend $70 more?

zshazz

Reaction score
Maybe. Lots of preconditions:

1. How does the stock battery hold up? No info on this yet...
2. We'll have to see if the other accessories (if they come out ... home dock, car dock) will work with it.
3. Also we'll have to see what Seidio comes out with.

But for just a little under 2x the power... I think it might work.

motty69

Reaction score
About a week ago someone posted a link to Seidio listing a 1600mah battery for $50. Even though it's only 200mah more it does fit under the stock backplate. The way the battery door is on the TBolt I wouldn't want anything that doesn't fit under the stock door, don't want my precious looking like a hunchback. :p

Sent from my Eris

dajogejr

Reaction score
I know no one has any idea how this battery will last (stocker) in the T Bolt.
But...history on smart phones, most notably Android Devices...the battery alone is the single biggest complaint.
Folks can sit there and say the chip is smaller, more efficient...but I'd counter that with a large screen and 4G radio.... could be a wash, no one knows for sure yet.

Let's face it...most of us will be lucky to get 6 hours out of a charge the first week we own the phone (making it ours...setting up everything...and just sitting in awe...lol)

In other words, abusing the heck out of it.

Once you "get in the groove" with the phone, that'll be the real tell tale on battery life.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I brought my first extended battery I ever owned on a phone with my Droid X and its the best thing ever. Its usually worth the extra money to have the phone run longer. but just like @Dajogejr said until its out and we actually play with it won't know. But for me I might just try and buy a new battery as soon as I can their awesome

OP
H
Reaction score
About a week ago someone posted a link to Seidio listing a 1600mah battery for $50. Even though it's only 200mah more it does fit under the stock backplate. The way the battery door is on the TBolt I wouldn't want anything that doesn't fit under the stock door, don't want my precious looking like a hunchback. :p

Sent from my Eris

It's just a phone, man ;)

Haloman800

Reaction score

Sent from my Eris

A phone, a device that you take with you everywhere, you always have with you. You use it all the time. You do so much with it. & If you're like me you're going to be stuck with the same for almost two years.

My preccccccious.

Attachments

• gollum.jpg
    gollum.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 626

BGKris

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having that, I could care less what the back of any phone looks like as long as it's functional.

OP
H
Reaction score

Sent from my Eris

A phone, a device that you take with you everywhere, you always have with you. You use it all the time. You do so much with it. & If you're like me you're going to be stuck with the same for almost two years.

My preccccccious.

LOL :laugh: at attachment

bigdad63

Reaction score

Sent from my Eris

My preccccccious.

LOL. Perfect insert of a LOTR quote.

Reaction score

My preccccccious.

Can someone please photoshop a picture of Gollum holding a Thunderbolt so I can make it my new avatar?

bassJAM

Reaction score
When you guys get the extended batteries...do they use the original charger that came with the phone? Or how about with a car charger, does it matter? I assume there's no change but and just curious.

Reaction score
When you guys get the extended batteries...do they use the original charger that came with the phone? Or how about with a car charger, does it matter? I assume there's no change but and just curious.

It does not matter. The charger does not plug into the battery, it plugs into the micro-USB port. An extended battery will work, as long as it was designed for this particular model. There are 2 I would recommend, the Seidio 1600 and the HTC 2750. The Seidio will not add any bulk to your phone, but the HTC one will, and it includes the extended battery door that it will require. Neither is on sale yet though, so you will have to wait a little while to order them.

bassJAM

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll probably wait and see if I need one, but the Siedo sounds interesting. I'm sure it won't add a whole lot of life but the fact that it'll fit with the stock back plate means it'll fit in the Otterbox or Siedio case that I plan to get.