Willing to pay $50 for root upgrade/rom/tech advice/etc...

atwnsw

Reaction score
I have the TB and have used it for 1 week. My wife had one and exchanged it for an Iphone. I am on the fence and have to make my final decision in the next 72 hours (need to go on a trip for sick mother-in-law up to a week). So have to make final decision by Saturday/Sunday.

I love the phone except for the battery life. In addition I love the fact that I could tether down the road with this phone.

I know that with the current factory setup, I will exchange it for an Iphone. My hope was that there would be an update by now from HTC/VZN but that isn't happening. So, I am willing to hire somebody (I realize $50 isn't much for many) but maybe an experienced hacker/programmer can help me.

I would like to:

1) Backup the existing software/Rom/RUU//radio/Kernel/???? [no idea what is the correct terminology]
2) Update the phone to an unrooted version. Test it for a day and see if the battery life is better than the 4-6 hours I am getting now with minimum apps (no wifi & no bluetooth).
3) Be able to revert it back to factory and exchange for iphone if unhappy during test period.

Is this possible? If so, anybody up for the challenge?

If so, please email me at [email protected]

Am I dreaming?

Thanks in advance for your advice, help and consideration.

Anthony

Cloud36426

Reaction score
Don't know if this will help your cause but since root my battery life has improved. In this pic I think my display time was 2 hours and call time was 30 minutes. Not heavy usage but before root and ROM I was only getting about 8 hours tops no matter how I used it.
Sent from my ADR6400L

Cloud36426

Reaction score
There are many ways to root and it is not that hard. Just read the whole tutorial before proceeding. Just removing bloatware really helps battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Stayin100

Reaction score
I would be willing to do this. But I am not local. I can promise you that you will love the T-bolt after root. I am running GB and getting excellent battery life

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, stop the bickering. There was no need for that remark INSANENEIVIESIS was just trying to be helpful. Let's get back on track.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Did you ever get the help you needed? How did things work out?

Did you return the phone?