Will you switch to the dreaded?

Droids

Reaction score
Wow....really:
iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting - MacRumors Forums

The mighty iPhone has problems too....just like any phone would.
Yup. All phones have problems, the iPhone is no exception. If someone wants an iPhone, great go get one. But people shouldn't make claims that it's God's gift to mankind, it isn't any more perfect than any of the higher quality Android phones.

To each his own, I'm glad we have choices.

joeshell20

Reaction score
Thetrueserkhet- Well said, in total agreement. I am a tinkerer by nature, and couldn't stand my lg envy because what you see is what you got. With the android platform, I am left to my own devices. Dangerous but awesome!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ecsa0014

Reaction score
Not to deny your claims but I have the X and have never had an issue with the accuracy of the touchscreen (and I usually have fat finger issues with every touchscreen device I try). Maybe I got lucky and got a good one but I honestly couldn't ask for the touchscreen to be any better on the X.

Agreed. I don't think my screen could be any more accurate. Browsing, typing, gaming... pretty much never miss. Maybe I just have super accurate fingers.

It's not so much accuracy as it is responsiveness. Do me a favor, lock your Android phone and unlock it using the touch screen lock thing, now tell me how responsive that was? You really have to be biased to not see that the iPhone's touch screen is much more responsive than the Droids (I've owned a Droid,Droid X and used a Droid 2 extensively).

I have tried that and have never had an issue with responsiveness when unlocking my phone. Like I said, Maybe I just got a good one. Honestly, I don't have the time to be biased. I only have the time to find what works best for me and go with it. Right now, that is Android. Apple would have to make some big changes before their platform would suit my needs.

ronakshah2000

Reaction score
Maybe. The apps are just better on iPhone. I love the simplicity and user interface. I had a iPhone 4 for a week and returned it as it sucked as a phone.

That said I really enjoy my droidx now that 2.2 has smoothed out some of the little bugs. And the voice controlled google navigation is incredible. That is the one app I might not be able to live without.

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Good and getting better!!!

The apps are great and by the way, it is a very good PHONE!!! Sorry for shouting, but duh, when we need to make a call, we need to make a call!!!!

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I convert at least 1 user/week here in my office from an iPhone to a Droid product. Most have asked how they've gone so long without being on an Android phone. Sure, they claimed their iPhones were great UNTIL they got a Droid. Then it was like "iPhone Who???"

I owned an iPhone 3GS for all of 3 weeks. It was the shortest duration that I've ever owned any phone. I wanted to give it an honest run through its paces and took it from Florida to California and back. Horrible experience.

Today, when I'm out with friends (like at Epcot for the Food and Wine festival), they are all conserving battery on their iPhones by around 6 pm. Still going strong with the Droid. Yes, I'm on an extended battery, but that's because I have the ability to do that (just like I have the ability to increase my storage). It's that choice that keeps me on Android. Just like I have a choice on where to buy parts and accessories for my car and not have to rely on the dealer for everything, it's the same with Android. So the iPhone has some minor things over the Android platform, but my DX lasts longer, can make calls, has any app that I need that the iPhone does, and the other reasons above. NO WAY would I switch to the dark side....EVER!

cpjr

Reaction score
^To each his own.....for each person who says android is better, you'll find someone who states the iphone is better. Who's right? Neither person, doesnt matter, its all about what that person wants.

Hell, I have both and get better battery life out of my iphone 4 then my Droid X WITH an extended battery. But again, thats kinda comparing apples (no pun intended) to oranges cause it all depends on what your setup is on the phone and the usage.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
And that's exactly why Apple has its' place. There are sheep who like to be led and there are those that follow their own mind. Apple plays to that point EXTREMELY well and profits heavily from it.

cpjr

Reaction score
^And again like I said...there are those that would say the same thing about us. Im not saying either is right or wrong. And yes Apple has geniuses in their marketing department, but can you blame them.

But when you really look at it...there really isnt "much" more you can do on android that Apple doesnt allow, that you cant do on an iphone. As there are things I can do on a stock iphone I wish I could do on android.

To get alot of the "good" stuff, you have to jailbreak the iphone, which is the equivalent of what you have to do to get alot of the good stuff on android with rooting.

Its all how things are portrayed. I dunno, I like both, own both and see both sides I guess. I couldnt trade either for the other as I believe they both have pros/cons. Luckily I dont have to since one is personal and the other is free from work. I do honestly think alot of people dont see the whole picture....and I dont think its quite fair to bash something (on either side) if you dont have personal experience with each.

Reaction score
I am a little jealous how the iphone has bettetr developer support however I am in love with my D1 and can't see myself making the switch anymore. Once the Droid has netflix, I will no longer see a need to own the iphone personally.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Here's a good example....this is my homescreen for my iphone currently, completely themed and also has a working weather widget. Yeah I couldnt do that stock, But installing themes and ROMs on android requires rooting too. And you cant tell me that doesnt look good :icon_eek:

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Here's a good example....this is my homescreen for my iphone currently, completely themed and also has a working weather widget. Yeah I couldnt do that stock, But installing themes and ROMs on android requires rooting too. And you cant tell me that doesnt look good :icon_eek:

Huh? I don't have to root to install themes. LauncherPro/Beatiful Widgets???? Also, live wallpapers. I have never rooted my Droid and have no plans to (and I've owned 3). I just like running stock. It does all I want and need it to this way. And I use my phone for A LOT of stuff.

cpjr

Reaction score

Huh? I don't have to root to install themes. LauncherPro/Beatiful Widgets???? Also, live wallpapers. I have never rooted my Droid and have no plans to (and I've owned 3). I just like running stock. It does all I want and need it to this way. And I use my phone for A LOT of stuff.

I was giving an example...cause to theme UI stuff you do.

And yeah, most people think widgets are the most important thing on earth for some reason....but hey, if thats whats important to you...good for you. But thats probably one of the biggest differences (stock to stock) is more flexibility with your homescreen and being able to add widgets. Big deal.

PS- Live wallpapers, blah....9/10 makes the phone run like crap anyways. But if you really want to, can run them too on the iphone.

PPS- Im not an iphone fanatic, but I do like both alot. Just dont understand the hate some people have, its really kinda stupid and useless. Who cares.

Ive owned 4 droids...along with a few iphones.

Last edited:

fpatano

Reaction score
I have thought about it a lot, because the iPhone is beautiful. But, I prefer the customizability of Andorid and the fact that there are so many hardware options that you have. I have a X, but I have friends that have HTC, Samsung, and LG Androids and we can all install the same apps because we have the same OS. You only have one hardware choice with a iPhone.

cpjr

Reaction score
I have thought about it a lot, because the iPhone is beautiful. But, I prefer the customizability of Andorid and the fact that there are so many hardware options that you have. I have a X, but I have friends that have HTC, Samsung, and LG Androids and we can all install the same apps because we have the same OS. You only have one hardware choice with a iPhone.

And I agree with that, obviously Android is a clear winner with the fact that you can choose over a handful of different devices.

As far as customization....there is nothing I cant do on my iphone that Android does in that department. Really. It may require a little more work, but part of what I like sooo much about these phones is getting to screw with them :)