Will you switch to the dreaded?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cccmhhh, Oct 29, 2010.

1. donballz

donballz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't it take a considerable amount of your phones harddrive space?

2. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, not really. But considering the phone had 32GB internal it had plenty of space. Cant remember the actual size of the android OS, but its actually smaller in size than the iOS.....which the newer versions are almost 400mb, still nothing in comparison.

3. gunz.jones

gunz.jones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing about the droid phones is expandability. Even if one had 32 gb internal, there would be a slot for up to 32 gb more....or 64 and higher as new format is developed.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

4. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Wow dude, just WOW. So me saying that Steve Jobs was right when Steve Jobs WAS right makes me a fanboy?

I spend time on this forum because I own a Droid and I hack it...

An iPhone is a DEVICE, its not a tool of Satan. A Droid is a device, its not a tool of the Lord. All I've been saying is that android's battery life SUCKS compared to Apple. That's it! If you're happy with your battery life than good for you, but I use my phone for business, and it is NOT GOOD for me. I've owned a MT3G, Droid, and Droid Inc. They've all sucked on battery.

If you are any indication of how juvenile android owners are "supposed" to be, I guess I do belong with an iPhone. I didn't bash you or make wild/inaccurate claims, yet you act like I've said the most terrible thing ever by pointing out a iPhone "Pro".

And to whoever asked, android 1.6 runs exactly the same on a 3gs as it does on a Mytouch 3g. Everything works.

5. Technoman

Technoman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So if you had the phones listed, why are you trolling the Droid X forum? You didn't list it as a phone that you have owned, so you really can't position yourself to say anything about it. I do own a Droid X, and MY battery life (and quite frankly most of the people I see posting on here) is great.

Battery life is more than just hardware and OS. APP's suck battery if they are always updating, trying to connect, using resources.

And yes, I do think that Steve Jobs is the devil (IMO)!! There, now you can come back and bash me for my opinion!

6. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ummm, isnt that what ya'll are doing to him as much as he is to you? Seriously, why doesnt everyone grow up and stop giving a crap about what someone else likes or dislikes. Who cares. To each his own, thats why there are so many different choices out there.

#162 cpjr, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  7. Breakmyfootoff

Ratings:
    +0
    I definitely wont be getting an i*hone. I would consider dumping Verizon and going to Sprint just so I dont have to share a network with ....

#163 Breakmyfootoff, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010
  8. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2

Whatever dude. "Will you switch to the dreaded" showed as a "new topic" so I figured I'd chime in. It doesn't say "is Droid X great", or "I love Droid X"... It says "Will you switch to the dreaded"........

"If you own a Droid UNC, you sure don't act like it. I own one, am proud of it, and that's why I spend time on this forum. Why do you?"

I forgot we are supposed to cover our ears and eyes and sing LALALALALALALA if someone gives praise to Apple.

I don't get it, do you like Android or HTC? Because if you like android, you sure don't act like it. I own a FEW android device, am NOT proud of em (as they're not my children or my invention) and need to hack them to get a smooth UI. That's why I spend time on this forum..... Why do you?

BTW. Android RUNS ON iPHONE, I WILL SAY AGAIN FOR THE 5 MILLIONTH TIME. So if you are a "fan" of android, I don't see how you can bash iPhone...

I guess you have to keep telling yourself that the iPhone sucks because you own a Droid X and are trying to "Sell the purchase", so to speak.

9. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone knock it off...

No reason for anyone to be bashing anyone else.

10. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have always though that android is better than iphone. i honestly thought it up until about a month ago. I used to have an ipod touch, but i sold it when i got my droid and i really liked my droid better.
    my incredible, however, has been really irritating me lately, and i'm so frustrated i'm thinking about just getting an iphone on verizon (assuming a jailbreak is released for this new iphone). a jailbroken iphone on vzw will be just as good as a rooted d1 or inc for me. i used to love android, but im missing how well ios works (and especially how sturdy the hardware is..) I'm pretty gentle on my phones, but i've had 8 break in less than a year that weren't my fault. apple stuff hardly ever breaks.
    for me, iphone just makes sense, but of course there will be stuff that i will miss also

11. cruckus

cruckus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone say no yet or am I the first? Haha I had an ipod touch from the second gen and after re realizing I hate apple I would definitely have to stick with the no's!

12. chkmate

chkmate Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Roger that Martin, sorry.