Will you switch to the dreaded?

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I was giving an example...cause to theme UI stuff you do.

And yeah, most people think widgets are the most important thing on earth for some reason....but hey, if thats whats important to you...good for you. But thats probably one of the biggest differences (stock to stock) is more flexibility with your homescreen and being able to add widgets. Big deal.

PS- Live wallpapers, blah....9/10 makes the phone run like crap anyways. But if you really want to, can run them too on the iphone.

PPS- Im not an iphone fanatic, but I do like both alot. Just dont understand the hate some people have, its really kinda stupid and useless. Who cares.

Ive owned 4 droids...along with a few iphones.

Yep, I LOVE widgets. Little programs that do some of the functionality without having to open up a full fledged program. Definitely useful. And as I explained, I used an iPhone for almost a month to try and give it a chance, and it was miserable. So there's my real world usage and not just bias.

Finally, again, for what I enjoy and like to do, I don't have to root, but for that same stock functionality, you do on the iPhone. CHOICES is the main difference still in my book. You just have way less on the iPhone and it's still playing catchup. I didn't say it did everything bad. I simply said it did some things ok, but I can do it all and more of what I like to do on Android. Oh yeah, and I get a choice of phones and carriers. C-H-O-I-C-E!

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985
I can understand why so many people like imobile products. They want seamless experiences that are easy and pretty.

I don't want easy restricted use. I wanna work for what I want and be able to get it. Iphone is for the masses. Android is for people, like us, who don't wanna be told what to do at every turn with our devices. We make some sacrifices for that, but I personally wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent from my DROIDX

I think you've captured my thoughts perfectly, albeit from the opposite side. I'm one of those people who wants a seamless, easy experience -- not because I don't like having the flexibility to customize ad infinitum (I do, honest -- I'm not a sheeple!), but because I simply don't have the time. Between work and a lengthy commute, I put in 10- or 11-hour days, then go home to a husband with whom I want to spend as much time as possible; the weekends are usually jammed with family or community activities. As a result, I rarely have enough free time to tinker with my Droid X to the point that I can enjoy its considerable advantages to the fullest.

Now, never having owned any other type of smartphone, I can't say whether I'd be in the same boat with an iPhone ... but I do know that many of the features Android devotees cherish are kind of lost on me. OTOH, I'm not generally one to jump on the "shiny new thing" bandwagon; my VZW contract is up in July 2012, which will give me plenty of time to really delve into the X as well as to research how well the iPhone migrates over to CDMA.

I must confess, though: I'd love a front-facing camera. ;)

Last edited:

mkstn

Reaction score
Nope... I do not like Apples business policies at all. Android is for me plus I really like Google and gmail features.

Reaction score
Absolutely not! When I didn't knows about smart phones I thought the iPhone sounded great. I bought an iPod Touch which is really cool and it let me basically see what an iPhone was, minus the phone part. And I do love my Touch. But after having two Droids, the original and now the X, there is no way I would ever change. If I ever got a new phone it would positively be another Android phone of some sort most likely a Motorola.

The Android platform has so much more freedom than Apple does. Hands down! You can do things on these phones that is just amazing and Apple would never let you do that. Even after you jailbreak an iPhone or Touch you still can't come anywhere near the glory that is Droid. And the App issue is another big point. They have some really amazing apps on the iPhone but once again the word freedom comes to mind. I mean I have an app where you simulate snorting cocaine! Is this ground breaking, or something everyone should want or have? No. But it once again showcases how much freedom and license you can have on a Droid, Apple would never let you snort digital coke. So the point is Apple restricts everything that is on the iPhone and I just don't want that on my choice of phone.

But I will say a lot of the games on the App Store are a heck of a lot better. I'm not exactly sure why this is though. I think it has to do with the Droid phones used to having limited storage so developers couldn't make their games as large or detailed on the Droid. But now with a lot of the new Droids that size problem is not an issue. And with games like the amazing Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja, things are starting to look up for our choice of good quality games. And with the trend of more developers going to the Android platform now I can only see good things for the Droids gaming and otherwises future.

Sent from Android Maniac's DROIDX using DROIDFORUMS.app

UNC

Reaction score
Absolutely not! When I didn't knows about smart phones I thought the iPhone sounded great. I bought an iPod Touch which is really cool and it let me basically see what an iPhone was, minus the phone part. And I do love my Touch. But after having two Droids, the original and now the X, there is no way I would ever change. If I ever got a new phone it would positively be another Android phone of some sort most likely a Motorola.

The Android platform has so much more freedom than Apple does. Hands down! You can do things on these phones that is just amazing and Apple would never let you do that. Even after you jailbreak an iPhone or Touch you still can't come anywhere near the glory that is Droid. And the App issue is another big point. They have some really amazing apps on the iPhone but once again the word freedom comes to mind. I mean I have an app where you simulate snorting cocaine! Is this ground breaking, or something everyone should want or have? No. But it once again showcases how much freedom and license you can have on a Droid, Apple would never let you snort digital coke. So the point is Apple restricts everything that is on the iPhone and I just don't want that on my choice of phone.

But I will say a lot of the games on the App Store are a heck of a lot better. I'm not exactly sure why this is though. I think it has to do with the Droid phones used to having limited storage so developers couldn't make their games as large or detailed on the Droid. But now with a lot of the new Droids that size problem is not an issue. And with games like the amazing Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja, things are starting to look up for our choice of good quality games. And with the trend of more developers going to the Android platform now I can only see good things for the Droids gaming and otherwises future.

Sent from Android Maniac's DROIDX using DROIDFORUMS.app

Not again...

With hacking, you can run android on an iPhone, so all the talk of customization after rooting is moot...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

thetrueserkhet

Reaction score
With no real time to get into android, I can certainly understand about being less than enthusiastic about the freedom to do so. But, like you said, you have plenty of months in between nite and your next upgrade so maybe you'll find a moment to tinker.

Sent from my DROIDX

Technoman

Reaction score
Ok... the Battery argument is the lamest of all reasons to support the iPhone.

If your iPhone Battery runs down, you are down until you charge it.
If my Droid X battery runs down, I pop the cover and swap batteries!!!

Same with memory... I can swap and upgrade!! You can't!!!

As far as APP's, I have seen 1 (that is ONE, as in SINGLE) APP on the iPhoney that I can't get on my Droid that I really would like to have. I have proved to my fellow workers that have iPhones that there are a LOT of APP's available for the Android OS that you can't get on the iPhone.

FLASH!!!!! This alone make Android superior to iOS.

Last.... I HATE APPLE.... arrogance, lying, and telling people what they can have like you own them is not anything I will allow myself to be tied to.

PS.... Let's not forget the iPhone 4 antenna issue that Jobs didn't even accept as a defect... but offered a "free" cover to disguise!! That is so laughable!

UNC

Reaction score

Ok, first of all an extra battery does not take up less space than an instant charger... think duracell...

And flash? LOL!!!

Jobs was right about flash, haven't you read the stories posted on this website about flash's security flaws? Anyway, most websites are moving up to html5 and leaving flash behind...

Sent from my iPhone 3gs android dual-boot using DroidForums App!

Technoman

Reaction score

Ok, first of all an extra battery does not take up less space than an instant charger... think duracell...

And flash? LOL!!!

Jobs was right about flash, haven't you read the stories posted on this website about flash's security flaws? Anyway, most websites are moving up to html5 and leaving flash behind...

UNC, You really come across as a Jobs/Apple fanboy... so I don't understand why you are here (unless it is just for the purposes of selling the Apple fandom). Flash security flaws as you call them are not due to flash, but due to security issues within Windows. Android doesn't have those issues.

HTML5 is supported natively by the Android browser, so who cares? Currently there are MANY sites that still utilize flash and with Android you can access them (iPhone can't).

An instant charger is not going to be immediate like replacing a battery is.
And I can guarantee that my replacement battery (the one that came with my Droid X) takes up less room than any portable charger you can find!

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Same with memory... I can swap and upgrade!! You can't!!!

Couldnt have said it better myself.....lol

To dismiss extended batteries, replaceable batteries is...laugh out loud funny.....if the iPhone, iPhone 4 has better battery life, fine. With what I read it does compared to Android phones. But if I can pop in an extended battery in my phone and surpass the battery life in an iPhone, thats nothing to sneeze at...I would look at that as a pro, not a con.

Last edited:

donballz

Reaction score

And flash? LOL!!!

Sent from my iPhone 3gs android dual-boot using DroidForums App!
OK, pointless and incredibly childish arguments aside; you dual-booted a phone? That is ****ing cool.

S

SingingSabre

No haterade here. And yes they base that off a stock droid. Mine gets excellent battery life.

Someone posted that was the only reason he would switch over. I simply said mine gets great battery life is all.

And yes, when someone says he would bet his car on it, he is trying to sell his product:)

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

Just because I'm willing to bet you doesn't mean I'm trying to sell you...

I've enjoyed the hell out of all android devices I've used, but I am not an idiot and/or a fanboy, I call it like it is.

Android vs iPhone in battery life is no contest... and overall the iPhone IS a great product. I'm not on any love train, as I own multiple android devices, the wifey got a WinMo phone, and I am about to purchase a vPhone...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I agree completely.

I loved my Blackberry for what it did. I love my Android (Droid X) for what it does (seriously, email on the BB was far better and easier, but everything else is better on the droid, save for lack of BBM). Had I an iPhone, I'd love it for what it does.

The iPhone is by no means a bad device. It makes calls, takes pictures, plays music, makes video calls, and has ridiculously good battery life. It also has a form factor which many companies still can't quite figure out how to incorporate. In consumerism, aesthetics does play a major role.

I don't want an iPhone killer, I like market competition. Without the iPhone, Android might not be what it is today. Without Android or Blackberry, the iPhone might not be pushing and inspiring others to push the limits of handheld technology.

Some people like chocolate, some people like strawberry. One might have fewer calories while the other has all natural ingredients. What we can all agree on is that we enjoy eating it. Get it? :)

DropC

Reaction score
Umm... My droid x has better battery life than my friends iphone 4... And mine is fairly stock...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App