Will you purchase the Motorola Droid X

Discussion in 'Droid Polls' started by danDroid, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Syraz

Syraz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my Droid a month ago, was going to get the incredible but I like a physical keyboard. Though I like the prospects of both Droid X and Droid 2, I am happy with I got for now. It does what I want. So I dont NEED an upgrade for which wont be an upgrade to me. I never been one to quickly upgrade to newer stuff, as long as it works and does what I need to, then I am happy

2. Droid Legion

Droid Legion New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My daughter's phone is due for an upgrade in July, but Daddy's gonna use it to get The X. :biggrin:

My Incredible is on eBay as I type this and I've reverted to my BlackBerry til The X is in my hands. Gotta sell it while it's hot

Looking at ebay right now, I'll make at least $150 over what I paid for the Incredible.

Yea, Capitalism ! :icon_ lala:

3. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    lol....

Looking it like that, I wish I had an Inc to sell....

4. hailtothetheif83

hailtothetheif83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will be there on day one!! That screen just looks to awesome to pass up... but like almost everyone in here the supposed Droid Pro would be INSANE!!!! looks like my girlfriend will get the X if and when the Droid Pro comes out

5. lnslip

lnslip New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i want a dual core phone :D so im waiting

6. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I may be the Droid X. It's the only phone thats ever tempted me since the Motorola Droid. I always told myself the only thing to pull me away from my Droid, would be a Droid. :p

I don't think the 2Ghz phone is very practical right now. It sounds good, but just not ready for something like that. I'll be good with an OMAP processor, clock at 1Ghz

7. fearmychickens

fearmychickens Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1

My annual upgrade is next January and I'll probably be using it to get the Droid Pro.

8. Fulle

Fulle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Droid X doesn't have a keyboard, and the Droid 2 has another OMAP3 chip, similar to the Droid's, only with a little die shrink. At 720MHz stock (or whatever it was), it'd need to be a good overclocker for me to even mildly consider... but, with A9 chips around the corner, the idea of trying to force a 45nm OMAP3 over 1.2GHz seems... silly. 1.2GHz being what my chip can run at with reduced voltage.

I'd bite for OMAP4, Tegra2... something with an ARM Osprey A9 core... but, a 45nm OMAP3 with unproven overclock potential? Nah.

9. PorcPuffer

PorcPuffer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    While the pro sounds awesome, I don't usually use my phone for more than internet and some fun apps, so i am sure the droid X will be more than plenty. Not to mention i have never had a decent digital camera (excluding one that got stolen a month after i bought it lol) so I am eagerly awaiting release day, Got everything lined up for it!

10. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I was waiting for the Droid 2..but not after I seen that it looks just like the regular Droid.
    And putting on that chrome trim is no different then what they did to the Q series. Which made it looks cheap as hell.
    IF there is a Droid coming with the rumored 2ghz and tegra chips etc etc then yeah i will get that phone.
    Droid X IMO is looking good for me right now..
    And since they are both MOTOROLA, it might be just a win/win situation.
    I need to see the final products on both items before i make a choice.
    But in terms of looks
    DX looks helluva alot better then D2.
    I already have the D2 frame. LOL....just not the internals.
    :D
    D1 + D2 + Eye Candy = :icon_ nono2:

11. exdirrk

exdirrk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I completely agree, I have the original droid and I have mine overclocked to 1.1 ghz but even when i cut it in half I bearly notice the difference. 2ghz is a little bit of a stretch, I believe when Motorola said they would double speeds they meant 1.5ghz. I just cant see a need for 2ghz but then again you never know what we will be doing on these phones.

I will be getting the droid x because I do not use my keyboard at all right now

12. Raven1r44

Raven1r44 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    droid pro seems pretty nice, but couldnt you just overclock the 1gig snapdragon in the droid X/2 up to 2 gig? I cant imagine it would run much hotter than upping the moto droid's stock 550 up to 1.1. but like Titan Said, there isnt any real need for it unless they start developing much richer, fuller games, which would be awesome to see some emulators made for the droid and be able to play old SNES or SEGA games on it! DEV's any ideas?