Will you purchase the Droid Incredible?

crashdogy

Reaction score
MiXoLoGiSt The Incredible will be the last one i buy for a while until they start rolling out with the 4G phones. Even after i upgrade to the Incredible i still got another update ready to be used when they start rolling out 4G phones.[/QUOTE said:
Same here I all so have a another upgrade on my wife’s phone. :)

THE DROIDESS

Reaction score
I was drawn to the Droid for many reasons. The Droid forum and all its loyal Droid owners, just as Apple has a loyal following, but without the Cult mentality of the Apple owners.

My biggest joy, is knowing that I will never have to use my Blackberry ever again. :woot: Two years ago, everyone said the Blackberry was the best on the market. :icon_evil:

I sincerely wish that Motorola was the new device maker for the Droid. I wanted the Moto Droid since it came out. I really need the Snapdragon 1 ghz processor for business use and I know that Verizon will be rolling out a new phone every six months or so. I very much admire the Droid owner loyalty here.

Please correct me if I am not understanding what a Droid phone really is here. To me a Droid is the Google OS based on Linux and not a windows platform. So, a Droid operating system is available on a Motorola, HTC, and a Samsung ? So, as long as you have the Droid system on any device maker, then you own a Droid?

My "new in two" date is April 21 and if I already owned a Moto Droid, I would not be getting any other new phone, until my "new in two date" has arrived. When I heard the news of the HTC Incredible released, I couldn't sleep all night, not knowing what to get next, so I was reviewing every site and video until 5:00 am.

Smile on Droid owners, life is good. :)

THE DROIDESS

Reaction score
Droids,

Here is a site that lists all Android phone makers and their status of availability, listed with all the specs. I will be checking out all these phones, as I will be placing my ordered for a new phone April 21 Wed. :greendroid:

All Android Phones

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Please correct me if I am not understanding what a Droid phone really is here. To me a Droid is the Google OS based on Linux and not a windows platform. So, a Droid operating system is available on a Motorola, HTC, and a Samsung ? So, as long as you have the Droid system on any device maker, then you own a Droid?

My "new in two" date is April 21 and if I already owned a Moto Droid, I would not be getting any other new phone, until my "new in two date" has arrived. When I heard the news of the HTC Incredible released, I couldn't sleep all night, not knowing what to get next, so I was reviewing every site and video until 5:00 am.

Smile on Droid owners, life is good. :)

No a Droid is strictly the phone from Motorola. People get confused sometimes when i tell them i own a Droid they think of the Droid Eris :icon_eek:. I have to correct them sometimes.

Motorola Droid = Droid
HTC Droid Eris = Eris
HTC Droid Incredible = Incredible

Droid is just Verizon's way of naming phones and promoting the Google brand.

The OS all these phones run on is called Android so if you get another phone other than the Motorola Droid, HTC Incredible or HTC Eris you do NOT have a Droid Phone you will have an Android phone. These forums are for Android phones but is mainly for Motorola Droid owners. There are other forums (owned by the same guy who owns these forums) for the Incredible and other devices.

half_way

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of my keyboard and will be sticking with my droid

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of my keyboard and will be sticking with my droid

For the ones that use the Keyboard this is a good choice. For the ones that don't the Incredible is an awesome option. :icon_ banana:

Tegamal

Reaction score
Nope.

I love my Droid & my contract will end in Nov of 2011. Can you imagine what will be out then?! :icon_ banana:

Darkman6909

Reaction score
Nope I have fallen in love with my keyboard. I have 16 months before I can get a new phone.

Postnsons

Reaction score
I think the Incredible would have to do something I really could not do without, and the Droid pretty much does everything I need. I wish the Droid would handle calls a little better than it does.

Phone calls just seem to be a "sideline" to everything else it does. I've had people call while I'm on the phone and just disconnect all three of us. Sprint was my previous carrier and Nextel prior to that and I've never had something like that happen.

However, the Droid is my fav so far as it does so many other things soooo well. My Droid will keep me happy until the Incredible is surpassed by something else.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Next purchase will be the Droid 2 LTE : )

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lucas5

Reaction score
The droid incredible doesn't offer really anything OVER what the motorola droid already has, plus one would have to pay retail price if you're already in a 2yr contract with verizon and wanted to switch.

solorca

Reaction score
I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are on the phone quality, and if it's good then I will dump the Droid. I love everything about the Droid except for the fact that using it as a phone is a terrible process. Every single calls has at least one point where the person I'm speaking to can't hear me.

denmcdon

Reaction score
1 year price

I have a Moto Droid and its great, but i have a chance to get an Incredible for the 1 year price,what do you all think?

Tesla's_Child

Reaction score
Pre-Ordered and waiting on Tracking Info

If my NE2 was up a month earlier I would have got the Moto-Droid and been happy, but it was up last week and I think that the Droid-Inc Looks awesome. Just waiting on the tracking info!!!