Will you purchase the Droid Incredible?

crashdogy

Reaction score
Ok I’m in a weird situation got Verizon to upgrade my phone. Do to having to deal with my junky blackberry storm 9530. I only keep it do to the hybrid updates. Was going to get the Motorola droid but now thinking HTC incrdible any comments ether way confused now ?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends on what u want. Bottom line: I wanted a phone that ran the Android OS. Then, I wanted a phone with a slideout keyboard and big screen. If u like touch only phones, get the Incredible. If u want to use a hard keyboard too, get a Motorola Droid.

If the screen on the HTC is anything like Motorola Droid's, either choice will be good. I had an Omnia 1. Didnt like the screen after awhile. (resistive) A screen like the Iphone, Droid's are very good. (capacitive) Decide what type of touch screen u want also.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Depends on what u want. Bottom line: I wanted a phone that ran the Android OS. Then, I wanted a phone with a slideout keyboard and big screen. If u like touch only phones, get the Incredible. If u want to use a hard keyboard too, get a Motorola Droid.

If the screen on the HTC is anything like Motorola Droid's, either choice will be good. I had an Omnia 1. Didnt like the screen after awhile. (resistive) A screen like the Iphone, Droid's are very good. (capacitive) Decide what type of touch screen u want also.

Just posted a review. Saying its better then the Droid.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I shoulda said also the Droid with the slideout keyboard, the screen is good enough u dont really have to use the slideout one.

TBolt

Reaction score
I'm working on submitting my upgrade. $99 after NE2 and online discount. Sweet!

I am encouraged by the high praise in reviews about the responsive touchscreen. I really think, at last, I won't mind not having a physical QWERTY. :blackdroid:

vtrider159

Reaction score
I'm keeping the droid until my new every two upgrade. By then, 4G will most likely be the network norm and the phones then will eclipse any phone comming out now.

Technology progresses at a rapid rate, and to have the latest and greatest phone in a market where phones have a 6 month lifespan would be too much for me.

Even though the Droid ran better before the 2.1 update and it's relatively slower than before the hyped update, I'm hanging onto it and will probably root it to get the processor speed up.

By the time I need to upgrade, there may be 10 or 12mp cameras, HD video and possibly display and hopefully an improved android market.

This is just my $0.02

Glock

Reaction score
I may get it depending on how much I can get for my Droid...

thenowherekid

Reaction score
Looks sweet but after all the times Ive shared with this droid .... I cant image life without it

toddj

Reaction score
I'm definitely sticking with my droid until the contract is up. I just renewed about 8 months ago, and bought droid retail.
like so many before me, i thought I'd needed a physical keyboard. Swype has changed that thought for me. So at the end of the contract, if there is a more appealing android phone, that lacks a keyboard I will probably renew with it.

crashdogy

Reaction score
ok guys...basically i went with the HTC Incredible. i got it for 106.99 due to previous posts reguarding crappy blackberry. the only reason i went with it was because of the 512ram and the snapdragon processor. i hope this is better than the blackberry so i don't have to listen to the wife for another year and a half..lol​