Will you purchase the Droid Incredible?

TBolt

Reaction score
Pre-ordering it. Will be my first Android device. CAN'T WAIT!

irishpride

Reaction score
Pre-order for sure! I am keeping my Droid though, just in case root doesn't come along as soon as we are hoping. I need to have a device I can root, it's just too much fun.

Reaction score
I would imagine most Droid owners require the dual input options of physical keyboard/buttons and touchscreen. The Incredible isn't aimed at us, but rather those that prefer a touch screen only and those Droid owners who were apathetic or even disliked the physical keyboard.

After a stint with the iPhone, I will never do touch screen-only again. If there isn't actual physical keys, I'm not interested. My thumbs would fly on the Sidekick while walking and NOT looking at the phone. A month in to owning the Droid, I must say that I actually am adapting to the keyboard and it is nowhere near as frustrating as it seemed it was going to be. That said, I do wish we had the Devour keyboard on the Droid.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I am going to go check it out on the 29th. Im on a family plan so there's still 2 lines i can use upgrades on. They will give me the Incredible for the $199 2 year price after mail in rebate. Only thing is i don't want 2 lines having smartphone charges so we will see.

The droid im afraid might break since i dont use the keyboard it just collects dust and such.

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score
Yup, gonna get it on Day 1. Not for me, though. lol I'm more than satisfied w/ my rooted Droid and I don't care what drops, until that EVO 4G comes out, there's no one that can tell me they have a better phone than me. I will, however be getting this for the woman, and she's quite excited about it. I'm not looking forward to having to redo my family plan yet again as there will now be 2 of 5 lines w/ the smartphone data plan that Verizon has conveniently made ridiculously difficult to manage.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
As nice as the incredible looks, i'm sticking with my Moto Droid :D. Next year in july i am eligible for an upgrade. So i might be able to get me a nice 4g phone when the time comes..:D

indee2025

Reaction score
I would never trade my Motorola DROID for anything other than the same body type with better specs. I love the industrial feel and sleek looks of the Motorola DROID and wouldn't even trade an iphone for anything by HTC as I have had an HTC smartphone before and its cheap chinese garbage. The Incredible is just aimed at folks who might have run from verizon to get a nexus or HD2.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I would never trade my Motorola DROID for anything other than the same body type with better specs. I love the industrial feel and sleek looks of the Motorola DROID and wouldn't even trade an iphone for anything by HTC as I have had an HTC smartphone before and its cheap chinese garbage. The Incredible is just aimed at folks who might have run from verizon to get a nexus or HD2.

Well that all depends on what HTC phone you had. They are building them better and better now. The Nexus One is manufactured by HTC.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will upgrade again once my contract is up - and since I upgraded with the Droid it's going to be some time.

By then I expect the phone will be way better.

Upgrading at this stage is just more of the same.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. I tried a phone that was touch screen only. After having issues where I couldnt hit letters on on side if the screen unless I recalibrated, I was praying for phone with a combo big screen and a hard keyboard. Enter the Droid. Even tho the Doird has a very nice screen, I'm just too wary to go back to touch only.

V

verian

I think with all the people in these forums, the droid will hopefully take along time to feel out dated.