Will you buy an Android Tablet?

mach330

Reaction score
i would get a tablet if we dont have to pay for 3g service. i have my phone to tether with that. i do hope we can get tablets from our carriers without service? otherwise, iPad for me. i do like that galaxy S tablet.

gmmurphy

Reaction score
i would get a tablet if we dont have to pay for 3g service. i have my phone to tether with that. i do hope we can get tablets from our carriers without service? otherwise, iPad for me. i do like that galaxy S tablet.
i want one so bad, waiting for the moto i hope i have the choice of 3g or not. i see tethering a tablet to my droid. once they hit im giving my kid the netbook and im getting whatever one turns me on the most. its gonna be an android christmas!

keiichi25

Reaction score
FYI...

Archos unleashes five (five!) new Android Froyo tablets, we go hands-on -- Engadget

And...

Notion Ink - Adam

Notion Ink is an Indian designed Tablet that, last I heard, will be using the Android OS. The difference between the Archos one and Notion Ink, is that Notion Ink will have both a Color LCD and E-Ink display. Notion Ink will flip to E-ink display mode when introduced to bright areas, again, running under the Android OS system. This will be a strong competitor against the iPad given it is still going to stay with the standard backlit Color LCD display.

Notion Ink's tablets are still in the design phase, but the prototypes look very promising.

Reaction score
Probably not. I'm not a fan of tablets. To me, its like a phone that won't make calls and is still too big to carry around. If you still have to lug it around in a case then its no more convenient than carrying a laptop in my opinion. If they release one with a full OS like Ubuntu or Windows7 then I would be interested.

iPirate

Reaction score
It also needs to look similar to a Droid I don't want the fruity curves.

Reaction score
I already have one and I'm loving every minute of it.

Pandigital Novel, cost 120 bucks after coupon/rebate, 7inch resistive screen (some days I like it better than my Droid's screen), hacked market, speed minimum clocked up to increase performance, ADW launcher, can tether it through WiFi to my Droid for free internet on the go... :)

Of course...a Motorola Droid Tablet would be a nice upgrade by holiday time... dancedroid

Jer

Reaction score
I've had one for a bit now and it's.... eh. I don't use it much because the resistive screen is a PITA to type anything at all let alone type up emails or IM's. I'll get one of the next generation devices coming out by the holidays and replace this turd. But for now I would give it a 5/10 which is pretty high considering I really don't use it much. I spent more time updating firmware, calibrating the screen and trying to get things to work on it then actually using it.

7inch resistive screen (some days I like it better than my Droid's screen),

What? Why? In what ways specifically is it better than your Droid screen other than size? I don't get this statement at all because resistive is AWFUL compared to capacitive. Reminds me of why I never bothered to own touch screen devices or previous generations that used the technology. I'm dying to know what days you like yours better and the reasoning.

ruinah

Reaction score
I will be getting one when the shoe fits. I have a work laptop and my Droid. Work laptop is a 17" beast (lots of RAM for VM's) and to lug that around stinks. I want a 10" tablet that has market access, a forward facing camera that allows skype video calls, decent processor, and at least 32GB of memory. I don't need 3G on it, I could tether and there are a lot of places with wifi these days. I'd run Citrix Receiver on it to connect to work applications, use it with the Kindle reader as an e-book reader, surf. I would never need to use it for actual phone calls. Would be nice if it had HDMI output for traveling and plugging into a hotel tv, long life battery (8+ hours) so I can watch movies while in the air. Once one comes out that fits these needs, I will own one. the iPad doesn't interest me because no multitasking or forward facing camera. I already have an iPod Touch, no need for a larger version of that.