Will you buy an Android Tablet?

spillner

Reaction score
Theirs been a lot of talk about Android coming out with its own tablet in the near future. A lot of peopled scoffed at the iPad for its limitations and labled it a "Giant iPod Touch".

Will you buy an Android tablet when they become available? If not, what will it take for you to be interested?

iPirate

Reaction score
Motorola Droid T? Sounds very attractive despite them not being useful for me

Becoming very useful or cheap would get me to buy one

Reaction score
if they come out with a droid version of the ipad for a decent price (250-400) i'd probably think about it...if they get crazy and use something small like a 6" screen and want 500+ i wont even look twice at it..

victorythagr8

Reaction score
I would buy one. The reason the IPAD got so much flack because it doesnt have multi-task or even a camera. Its just basically a giant ipod touch. The motorola tablet is said to have a dual core processor with tegra 2 and 10 inch with android 3.0 and a front face camera.

kepley

Reaction score
As long as I see that there is a huge modding community for it, I would definitely buy one! :icon_ banana:

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Maybe, if it doesn't have any major features that my droid doesn't, then no. But if it does, definitely consider it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would buy one. The reason the IPAD got so much flack because it doesnt have multi-task or even a camera. Its just basically a giant ipod touch. The motorola tablet is said to have a dual core processor with tegra 2 and 10 inch with android 3.0 and a front face camera.

Yeah, the iPad has been a monumental failure. :dry:

yahwarrior

Reaction score
I'd buy one just to stop worrying about my Droid's screen size and upgrading to the next best every other month.

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
I would depending on what it is capable of. if it will do nothing more than what my droid does then no probally not i will save my money for a new android phone.

However if it has some cool features and is a decent price then i would in a heart beat, would be useful to bring to school as compared to bringing the laptop all the time. (which i dont have to do as much now because my android browser rules compared to the old blackberry)

Droidfish

Reaction score
Sub $500 & 10" Screen, Capacitive Screen, Front facing camera, and the latest android OS version with updates in the future. When I can get this I will buy it.

RobertHaw

Reaction score
Just a month before I got my Droid, I had bought a netbook because I needed a wifi capable web, email and applications device for use on long cross-country motorcycle rides. I have a full size laptop for everything else. A month after my netbook arrived, I got the Motorola Droid. Just needed a new phone and the Droid looked really cool. As it turned out, the droid is 3G a well as wifi capable and can make phone calls. I found apps that did what I wanted and some that come in really handy I didn’t even know I wanted. It’s small and easy to carry. It takes up no room in by saddlebags. Hell, I can even watch movies on it at the end of the day. So, all summer I've been taking long trips carrying my Droid and the netbook is at home collecting dust. Needless to say the wife if more than a little upset with me buying the netbook and not using it.

With all that said, I look at the possible Android tablets coming up and the gadget side of my brain starts to drool and say I have to have one. But the practical side says, is there something I can do with the tablet I can't do with the phone that really is of concern to me? The bigger screen would be nice, but it’ll be taking up space in the saddlebag unlike carrying the phone on my belt or jacket pocket. I guess at this point, I'm not sure if I got one, it wouldn't just turn into a new dust catcher and wife destabilizer.

R Droid

Reaction score
This week there will be anouncments of some new players in the game of tablets.
At this time, Wyse has apps in both Apple and our marketplace. It's called PocketCloud. With this app you can connect to say a VM Ware View desktop and run it via your tablet. In essence it makes it a Windows 7 or XP device, without the Windows OS or Office software. As for security, it leaves all the documents behind you companys firewall and not on the tablet.
With a tablet and 3G connection, users can have all the power of their work computer while on the move.
Our company is considering going down this road instead of refreshing the mobile users laptops.

BeaverPuncher

Reaction score
Just a month before I got my Droid, I had bought a netbook because I needed a wifi capable web, email and applications device for use on long cross-country motorcycle rides. I have a full size laptop for everything else. A month after my netbook arrived, I got the Motorola Droid. Just needed a new phone and the Droid looked really cool. As it turned out, the droid is 3G a well as wifi capable and can make phone calls. I found apps that did what I wanted and some that come in really handy I didn’t even know I wanted. It’s small and easy to carry. It takes up no room in by saddlebags. Hell, I can even watch movies on it at the end of the day. So, all summer I've been taking long trips carrying my Droid and the netbook is at home collecting dust. Needless to say the wife if more than a little upset with me buying the netbook and not using it.

With all that said, I look at the possible Android tablets coming up and the gadget side of my brain starts to drool and say I have to have one. But the practical side says, is there something I can do with the tablet I can't do with the phone that really is of concern to me? The bigger screen would be nice, but it’ll be taking up space in the saddlebag unlike carrying the phone on my belt or jacket pocket. I guess at this point, I'm not sure if I got one, it wouldn't just turn into a new dust catcher and wife destabilizer.

how much you want for the netbook?
what brand ?

06LTNox

Reaction score
Not sure what size of Android device we will get but I am sure that by Christmas that I'll have either a tablet or a smaller "ipod touch" size android device. The wife takes my DX way too often, and since she doesn't want the internet everywhere, something with just wifi will fit the bill.

RoNYC

Reaction score
As long as it is still "pocketable"?! max 7" screen, latest android and the ability to received upgrades, front facing and forward facing cameras, wifi enable. A speaker would be nice for google voice calls. AND google maps! Who does not want a 7" navi in their car that receives updates for free!