Will you buy a D3? Will you Devs build a ROM for it?

silverfang77

Reaction score
Didn't Moto say their newer devices would be unlocked and that the D3 would be Blurless?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

javipoo

Reaction score
I will have an 'additional loyalty discount' ready on september, and i'm looking forward to this phone. HOPE it's hackable, The keyboard looks great.
But I haven't seen much about the specks yet. I know Cameras are going to become great on these phones so hopefully d3 has a good kicker.
If it's the equivalent of going from a d1 to a d2 I won't be that impressed...
And i've had similar problems with my partners D2 but thankfully have warranty on it, power buttons getting stuck, not responding, no water damage. runs perfect on Liberty 2.0.

OP
BRAINFIRE

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score

The Motorola bootloader petition by Irwin Proud received this response: “We want to support the developer communities desire to use these products as a development platform. It is our intention to enable the unlockable/relockable bootloader across our portfolio of devices starting in late 201 where carriers and operators will allow it.” So while Motorola may be willing, it seems the carriers are the problem? We may never know for sure.

gsdreams

Reaction score
The problem isn't the carriers themselves, but those that work to intentionally defraud the carriers by rooting and using custom apps to bypass the carriers various billing systems.

I.E. using voip apps over data instead of minutes, using tethering without at least paying for the 2GB service, signing up for service just to get a phone then disconnecting and flashing to another carrier without paying the etf (happens more than you would think), etc....

If you ran a business and someone was bypassing your billed services by changing the way that service is delivered wouldn't you try to stop it?
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
BRAINFIRE

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
Isn't it a matter of both sharing some blame,
one for stealing, the other for over reacting?
Aren't there more measured responses to
teathering apps?

gsdreams

Reaction score
Isn't it a matter of both sharing some blame,
one for stealing, the other for over reacting?
Aren't there more measured responses to
teathering apps?

It isn't just tethering apps. It's all services. There are people out there using voip programs instead of minutes, etc...

It's just a way to "try" to prevent it and it does stop some. I doubt the US carriers will change this thought.

javipoo

Reaction score
I.E. using voip apps over data instead of minutes, using tethering without at least paying for the 2GB service, signing up for service just to get a phone then disconnecting and flashing to another carrier without paying the etf (happens more than you would think), etc....

Don't you, atleast with Verizon, get charged an early termination fee?
I didn't even think it was possible to flash to another carrier without incurring some sort of charge.
that's amazing.

I wonder how long Unlimited Data from Verizon will last.

gsdreams

Reaction score

Don't you, atleast with Verizon, get charged an early termination fee?
I didn't even think it was possible to flash to another carrier without incurring some sort of charge.
that's amazing.

I wonder how long Unlimited Data from Verizon will last.

Just because verizon charges an etf doesn't mean you will find people who won't pay it and won't return equipment. It happens with all providers that charge an etf.

And search "flash droid to cricket" or any other carrier that doesn't store a list of meids.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I've had my d1 since the day it came out. I work outdoors, in the desert. This thing has seen hell, and works as good (better now that its rooted) as the day I got it. Aside from some scratches to the paint, its build is as solid as the day I got it. I can't imagine how someone would have to treat these phones to go through nine of them...

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I've had my d1 since the day it came out. I work outdoors, in the desert. This thing has seen hell, and works as good (better now that its rooted) as the day I got it. Aside from some scratches to the paint, its build is as solid as the day I got it. I can't imagine how someone would have to treat these phones to go through nine of them...

You are lucky. The new droids are fine. But if the one you bought happens to be defective then you get stuck with verizon's "certified like new" pieces of garbage. I swear verizon just ships the defective ones they receive back out without touching them. Honest to god one of the refurbs I got came pre-rooted.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk