Will you buy a D3? Will you Devs build a ROM for it?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it matter to you if it's hackable?
It sounds like you don't care about a qwerty keyboard.
I'm just imagining that it will only be a slightly better experience than d2.
a slightly better keyboard, slightly faster, slightly bigger screen.
Is that enough for you?

Doesn't matter to me because like the D2 I am sure it will be worked around....plus moto said they are going to do unlockable \ relockable boot loaders for the remaining 2011 devices and on....hopefully the D3 falls in that category.

As for the Qwerty....it is important to me even though I seldom use it. I like having the option plus it seems to make booting into recovery and such a bit easier.

Keyboard for the D3 is a 5 row with independent numerical keys

fth

Reaction score
Put me down for a D3!!! Wish it was 4G though...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
BRAINFIRE

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
My old Devour had number keys.
The contact screen had the Call log and every text
you ever sent to that person. I miss that.

louy99

Reaction score
Moto's quality might be better but I've had more problems with them than HTC. Dust under the screen, keyboard not working, dead pixels, etc. I went through 8 Droid 2's and I'm on #9 and this one is starting to get dust in the corner of the screen, but its not touching the screen yet. Never had any problems with HTC

I'm not even taking this one back though. Too much trouble to go through

Seriously?!? 9 D2's??!? Wow you must treat your stuff like crap and use it as a dog toy. That must be a record. I've had my D2 since the month it came out. I have two kids under 2 that sometimes grab it and mess with it and it still works and looks perfect. All I have is a screen protector.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I too have been through 9 and I will have you know not a single one had water damage, scratches, or ANY damage what so ever.....all fatal errors and repeating issues. BUT since I rooted I haven't had to send a single one in until now....

cobjones

Reaction score
No more moto for me, unless big changes happen. Galaxy SII is looking to be my new sidekick, when it drops.

I don't know why anyone would go to a Samsung phone... it is nearly guaranteed to not be supported... they look flashy, but have many problems

Moto really makes me mad that they lock down the bootloader.

I haven't yet tried an LG (seems like they are a cheaper build).

HTC are typically great, but battery is far from great.

lfylove

Reaction score
Moto's quality might be better but I've had more problems with them than HTC. Dust under the screen, keyboard not working, dead pixels, etc. I went through 8 Droid 2's and I'm on #9 and this one is starting to get dust in the corner of the screen, but its not touching the screen yet. Never had any problems with HTC

Seriously?!? 9 D2's??!? Wow you must treat your stuff like crap and use it as a dog toy. That must be a record. I've had my D2 since the month it came out. I have two kids under 2 that sometimes grab it and mess with it and it still works and looks perfect. All I have is a screen protector.

My gf went through 2 d2 in her first month first had bad camera second something else happened both non user related... me on the other hand same Droid 1 since 04/10

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gsdreams

Reaction score
I hate to admit it because I used to be an android fanboy, but I think my next phone is going to be an iPhone. Not trying to start a flame war so I'll give the reasons why.

(1) Extremely poor build quality on these droids. Dust under screens, headphone jack crackling, keyboards falling off, etc. If a droid goes bad, you have to wait for them to send you a "certified like new" replacement that almost always has flaws out of the box. With apple, you just go into the store and they swap it out no problem right there.

(2) OS update policy. The android manufacturers and carriers are currently withholding software on phones perfectly capable of running it in order to sell new phones. With Apple you know you are going to be taken care of. If your hardware is capable of running the new software then you will get it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

And if something goes wrong you lose everything since your last sync with itunes (no removable memory). And they do break, just like droids.

I have a d2g and had a d2. I never had keyboard problems nor have I ever had dust on the screen.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

cobjones

Reaction score

My gf went through 2 d2 in her first month first had bad camera second something else happened both non user related... me on the other hand same Droid 1 since 04/10

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I just thought I would say I went through 8 OG Droids, and they sent me a D2... I haven't had any serious problems (random reboots aside).

I think I was too much of a power use for the D1.

rebaf

Reaction score
Moto, locked ....no way

Htc, everyone I know w/one breaks
I'm going lg samsung ....?

From phone.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

Im just imagining great hardware, locked down software.
id rather have lower specs and a more hackable OS.
A great ROM brings much more joy than .3 of screen.

Other then the bootloader(which is tied in to the kernal), there is nothing locked down that I know of... Its not all that bad. You can still customize the heck out the phone imo.

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Im just imagining great hardware, locked down software.
id rather have lower specs and a more hackable OS.
A great ROM brings much more joy than .3 of screen.

Other then the bootloader(which is tied in to the kernal), there is nothing locked down that I know of... Its not all that bad. You can still customize the heck out the phone imo.

That is like saying "other than AIDS, I don't have any STDs"

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I hate to admit it because I used to be an android fanboy, but I think my next phone is going to be an iPhone. Not trying to start a flame war so I'll give the reasons why.

(1) Extremely poor build quality on these droids. Dust under screens, headphone jack crackling, keyboards falling off, etc. If a droid goes bad, you have to wait for them to send you a "certified like new" replacement that almost always has flaws out of the box. With apple, you just go into the store and they swap it out no problem right there.

(2) OS update policy. The android manufacturers and carriers are currently withholding software on phones perfectly capable of running it in order to sell new phones. With Apple you know you are going to be taken care of. If your hardware is capable of running the new software then you will get it.

And if something goes wrong you lose everything since your last sync with itunes (no removable memory). And they do break, just like droids.

I have a d2g and had a d2. I never had keyboard problems nor have I ever had dust on the screen.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I like many others in this thread have went through countless droids. Many of them were out of the box "like new replacements" with huge scratches on the screen, dust under the glass, and keyboards with the glue coming off. The headphone jack is weak too. Almost every time I have had to fight verizon to replace it. It sucks constantly having to start over. I prefer not rooting so it is a hassle everytime I have to replace this thing because everything doesn't exactly sync. Plus exchanging through the mail is a hassle. Verizon stores never have them in stock, they always have to mail them.

In my experience with Apple (ipod touch), they usually have them right there in the store. It is never a fight replacing them (at least at my local store). And I have a lot less issues with their "like new" replacements. I have had every touch ever released. Dust doesn't get under the screen nearly as much, the headphone jack is strong, the build quality and customer service is all around better. And I have had the ability to install every OS upgrade my touch could handle within days of its release.

It sucks too because I like the Android OS so much better.