Will you be upgrading to the Motorola Droid 2?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
As most others say, it really isn't enough of an upgrade to worry about it, I will wait it out and see what the next half a year brings

yourhero88

Reaction score
Well, I have a loose headphone jack that i've been waiting to take it in for, specifically to see if they will upgrade me to a 2.

So we'll see.

bhall238

Reaction score
My wife just got the X. The knowledge that 2.2 is about to come out "any day now", coupled with what I see the X capable of will allow me to make it till my new every 2 date. At that time I will look again to see what's out there, but I am leaning to the X side (with 2.2 of course).

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
My wife just got the X. The knowledge that 2.2 is about to come out "any day now", coupled with what I see the X capable of will allow me to make it till my new every 2 date. At that time I will look again to see what's out there, but I am leaning to the X side (with 2.2 of course).
"Any day now" being some time in September at the earliest, of course.

Robbed99

Reaction score
i knew about the Droid 2 coming soon but decided to go with the X and am glad that I did...it's every single thing I loved about the Droid except its bigger & faster!!

Hyde895

Reaction score
I just got my droid, with the overclocking and froyo I dont see any major difference. I want 2ghz droid (hopefully with keyboard)

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
That's what I have in mind too, 2Ghz , keyboard, and more internal memory.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

modified

Reaction score
Pass.

I'm just wondering how the keyboard on it will be. Other than that I have no interest in it.

irishpride

Reaction score
I have a really strong feeling that this phone is not going to sell very well. It seems that the loyalists don't want it, and when comparing it to the latest release from VZW the only advantage is the phys keyboard and there are more than a few disadvantages it has to the DX, smaller screen, camera's not as good and it's fatter overall.

Moto and VZW is making a huge mistake releasing these so close together, they had to know that one of them would end up being a bust and it's looking like it will be the D2.

kdw11005

Reaction score
i agree, I couldn't figure out why they would release them so close together either and I do think "the bust" is gonna be the D2. Honestly I'd never heard of the the D2 till I saw it on this website. They have done nothing to advertise it. I read that VZW said they would come out with 4 Droid phones this year and my guess is that too stick to that promise they are just throwing that phone out there. The X and whatever it'll be a Christmas time (always when they come out with new stuff) will be the big sellers. Like I said I don't think the "average Joe" even knows the D2 exists.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The Droid 1 is EOL and people keep saying they want a "Droid". If they see Droid 2 they're going to assume better and nab it. The media push around the Droid X clearly defines it as a different phone, whereas so far all the media (what little there has been, admittedly) seems to indicate the Droid 2 is a refinement if the Droid 1 -- which has been the best-selling android phone to date.

Do the math. The Droid 2 won't be as big as the Droid 1, but it will still be big. Since this is a good thing for the Android OS and Motorola, I welcome the phone. I just don't want any on me at the moment. :D

lonzom10

Reaction score
No thanks... still holding out for the Samsung Fascinate!