Will we see a one-click root method like Z4root?

Briankbl

Reaction score
I think that was the name. Just install the app, press "Root". Done. Hope it happens!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kinda hope not...there was an "easy" root option released earlier for the Nexus that was soft-bricking things...safer to learn/do so you know what's going on...

The guides below just about perfect...read the instructions and the comments before following them.

These are based on info/files from Koush (CM7 master developer), simplified clarified for Samsung noobs like myself...

Unlock bootloader:

http://www.droid-lif...xus-bootloader/

Root/install CW Recovery:

http://www.droid-lif...zon/#more-56154

Did both this evening and just made my first Nandroid backup on my new Nexus...very cool.
smile.png

suliman

Reaction score
Is this method safe? Anyone perma bricked?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
I hope that it doesn't but I know it will. I rooted my phone already and I rooted my of Droid the first week I got it 2 years ago. I just recently learned what adb does and how it works. I think anyone that wants in should put the time in to learn a bit about it otherwise they could get themselves? into triuble. Its reallly really really reallly easy to do and you should put the time in to learn and not just click and hope it works.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is this method safe? Anyone perma bricked?

It's as safe as you're going to find, no one has perma bricked.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
I understand that unlocking the bootloader will wipe your phone. Does that include the sdcard folder? I finally got all of my music, movies, etc moved over and would hate to have to transfer everything again.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I understand that unlocking the bootloader will wipe your phone. Does that include the sdcard folder? I finally got all of my music, movies, etc moved over and would hate to have to transfer everything again.

Everything including /sdcard is wiped. It only has to be done once and the sooner you do it the quicker you can get back the way you were.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people are against easy root options.
Just because a person types what they read doesn't mean they understand it, and just because a person uses an easy root method doesn't mean they don't.

When I rooted my Droid 2 I did it from the Unix command line on the phone.
When I rooted my X, I used z4root.
This time I used superboot.
It's not that I don't understand, it's about not doing things the hard way if it isn't necessary.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just because a person types what they read doesn't mean they understand it, and just because a person uses an easy root method doesn't mean they don't.

It's not that I don't understand, it's about not doing things the hard way if it isn't necessary.

It could also be that people are lazy. Why make ANOTHER ROOT method when one is already available, tested, works, easy. Not many devs are wanting to reinvent the wheel. Since this might be a popular device one of the various devs may make what you are looking for, but I wouldn't bet on it. If ever you suffer a catastrophic failure pushing stock images with fastboot is the only sure way to restore from a soft brick. There won't be an sbf for RSD Lite, unless someone packages it. We will just be using image files. Not having a one-click-root method ensure that those that root should have the skills/tools to get back.

:biggrin:

pool_shark

Reaction score
It could also be that people are lazy. Why make ANOTHER ROOT method when one is already available, tested, works, easy. Not many devs are wanting to reinvent the wheel. Since this might be a popular device one of the various devs may make what you are looking for, but I wouldn't bet on it. If ever you suffer a catastrophic failure pushing stock images with fastboot is the only sure way to restore from a soft brick. There won't be an sbf for RSD Lite, unless someone packages it. We will just be using image files. Not having a one-click-root method ensure that those that root should have the skills/tools to get back.

:biggrin:

If they didn't want to reinvent the wheel, they wouldn't, but they do don't they?

Those same people will read what's been written and follow the instructions. Again, typing what you read doesn't mean you comprehend it. It just means you can follow instructions.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I think most people feel that by doing things manually you end up with better skills/knowledge and can better handle/resolve problems if encountered. I must admit however that lately we not only have "one click rooting" but we have "one click recovery/FXZ" etc. I still like the manual ways though.