Will we lose USB Mass Storage Mode with JB?

GeneralZod

Reaction score
My wife has JB on her Droid Razr Maxx HD, and there's no option to put the phone in USB Mass Storage Mode. I spent some time looking around the intertubes last night, and apparently this is a known issue with JB. It seems it was a Google decision to simply do away with it. Does anyone know anything about this?

OP
GeneralZod

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I'm on the Dec 24 JB leak. Here's a screenshot. I have the RAZR XT912.

View attachment 60938

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2
My wife's Razr Maxx HD no longer has the top option. I did some searching online, and this seems like an issue effecting a number of phones running JB. It would also seems that is simply the new direction for Motorola, and they have no intent on fixing it.

JohnFH

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind when I buy a new phone.

noiphone

Reaction score
NO MORE IPHONE CLONES! tell Google NO!

Just wondering what other platforms besides MAC and Windows is everyone here is using? as the Google idiots seem to forget there are more than two OS platforms
I and others are sick of the Iphone planned move by google 4.1 Jollyturd and the HW MFG teams locking the phone down with required formatting as ext3 "with special drivers" limiting the ability to do a device block mount. (seems like the concept of fdisk and partitioning was too far advanced ...it has only been around for a short time like 40 years) So if Google and the MFG people think that $700+ for a bricked picture holding, music playing, video watching device is what I want then I guess one of 2 things needs to happen 1.) WRITE MY OWN OS 2.) just get a dumbphone 30.00 and one rasberrypi for 30.00
solving 2 problems
1. my mount issue for 30.00
2. avoiding the iphone replacement google is trying to do

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I have the jellybean leak and still have USB mass storage and use it all the time.

Of course the official update may break this.

JohnFH

Reaction score
I have the jellybean leak and still have USB mass storage and use it all the time.

Of course the official update may break this.

Great point about the official update. Those of us on the Dec 24 leak should do our research before accepting the OTA.