Will we be the last ones to get froyo?

Reaction score
I just found out at&t captive 2.2 update rolled out today. That only leaves us and sprint. Will we be the last to get froyo???

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

GDP

Reaction score
Probably

OP
B
Reaction score
If we are the last ones to get it...that's saying something about Verizon and the reasons why they have taken this long to bring it to us. Honestly I am not even holding my breath for the 22nd when its rumored to be released. We haven't even gotten a heads up like the other providers did.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Why wait?

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

ezas

Fascinate Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the question actually is: will we be the last ones to get 2.2 OTA?

The way it's going, quite possibly we will be the last.

But as Jamis0n points out for those who are willing to do the work 2.2 is already available.

EB01 - debloated/deodexed - Swype beta installed

OP
B
Reaction score
I would just be pretty pissed if I rooted, made a mistake and ruined my phone and then ota rolls out a week later. I guess like many others out there rooting makes me nervous. I guess I don't trust myself to do it right.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I do instant message walkthroughs. There is a 1% way to brick your phone and that is flashing a rom for a different phone. I only work with ppl who do reading first so I don't need to explain to much.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

OP
B
Reaction score
I do instant message walkthroughs. There is a 1% way to brick your phone and that is flashing a rom for a different phone. I only work with ppl who do reading first so I don't need to explain to much.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

Well Ill do some reading and if I decide to take the plunge I could use your help. Would that be OK?

Jamis0n

Reaction score
PM me when you decide to do so. Both of our schedules must apply. I don't mind late night hours either.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

OP
B
Reaction score
Well...its official. We are the last ones. Its pretty dissaponting. I had a storm 1 before this one and I had the same issue with the update. And just a few months after the storm 1 came out, Verizon introduced the storm 2 and just abandoned the first. I like Verizon for they're service reliability and customer service. But sometimes it feels like they're trying to make an extra Buck even if its at the customers expense.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Well...its official. We are the last ones. Its pretty dissaponting. I had a storm 1 before this one and I had the same issue with the update. And just a few months after the storm 1 came out, Verizon introduced the storm 2 and just abandoned the first. I like Verizon for they're service reliability and customer service. But sometimes it feels like they're trying to make an extra Buck even if its at the customers expense.

Negative, we got it beginning of February.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

fishmstr

Reaction score
Some people just seem to be having a very difficult time understanding the difference between loading a cracked version of the OS and a legitimate OTA version.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Some people just seem to be having a very difficult time understanding the difference between loading a cracked version of the OS and a legitimate OTA version.

A few yes. But it is more of reluctant users.

rockin:
sc nv eb01 v2.4 rom
midnight 1.1 theme

btw, this was 8pen-ed.

ezas

Fascinate Rescue Squad
Reaction score
btchigtnandroid

What is it want to be able to do with 2.2? That might help you (and us to help you decide) to decide if you want to root or not.