Will Verizon Still Honor My Waranty If I Buy My X From BestBuy?

magikmarkur

Reaction score
I pre-ordered from bestbuy.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever bought a phone from bestbuy before and did verizon give them a hard time about waranty?

Or do they just treat like any other vzw phone?

soulpatch

Reaction score
Treated mine like any other VZ phone. You have to remember that the VZ station in BB is just a VZW hub so your phone and everythign is through them. BB only facilitates it. They make the money off of you coming in there and getting the accessories or the BB phone warranty.

soulpatch

Reaction score
I still have to see how much that costs as it is an instore replacement instead of going through assurian ad waiting for a new phone. Might actually be better value...

soulpatch

Reaction score
You also have the option of getting insurance through Best Buy.

Does that mean I have the option to purchase verizon's insurance rather than best buy's black tie or whatever it's called?

yes you can get all of the normal VZW services while at Best Buy.

After reading some forums it sounds like the BB warranty plan might be pretty much a PITA to deal with. Better to go with VZWs....

Rouger

Reaction score
Had BB Insurance... Hated it...:icon_evil:
Unless you have a spare phone laying around to use when they send your faulty phone out to be looked at they charge you $50.00 for a loaner phone.
I moved back to VZW insurance first chance I could. Much easier to get a new phone over night shipped...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can we call Verizon and add the insurance after purchasing the phone (same day) from Best Buy? I want to get in and out of BB on the 15th as fast as possible.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's Motorola that honors warranties im pretty sure.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can we call Verizon and add the insurance after purchasing the phone (same day) from Best Buy?

I bought my MotoDroid from BestBuy last November and they asked if I would still like to have the Assurion Insurance and I said yes and that was it...No Fluff, In and Out

To answer your question though, I am almost positive you have Thirty Days to add Insurance after your purchase

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Asurian

My wife lost her Blackberry. Asurian delivered a new phone fast for the deductible. I will use them on my X.