Will verizon replace incred for incred 2

tnmorelock

Reaction score
Ok so ive had my incredible that i bought second hand from a verizon rep that one it and had no need for it. I guess that was around christmas.. Now its slow, will randomly freeze, turn black, then cut off completely. Oh and when it charges its hot enough to fry an egg. -_- (phone has NO water damage or droppage) SO my question comes in a couple parts. 1- I wonder what they would give me as a replacement and even if they would replace it since it does it randomly. 2- do i call verizon and tell them and just have them send me a new phone? and if i do it that way will they send me the incredible 1? just wonderingggg! Thanks guys!
smile.gif

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so ive had my incredible that i bought second hand from a verizon rep that one it and had no need for it. I guess that was around christmas.. Now its slow, will randomly freeze, turn black, then cut off completely. Oh and when it charges its hot enough to fry an egg. -_- (phone has NO water damage or droppage) SO my question comes in a couple parts. 1- I wonder what they would give me as a replacement and even if they would replace it since it does it randomly. 2- do i call verizon and tell them and just have them send me a new phone? and if i do it that way will they send me the incredible 1? just wonderingggg! Thanks guys!
smile.gif

You will get a refurb Incredible. All you need to do to fix your current phone is a factory data reset. It should run like new.

Make sure you remove any task killers or virus protection before you do that and don't reinstall them.

E

Emtronics

Hookbill, I understand not reinstalling task killers, but why not virus protection? Is this also a useless software program?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You'll lose text messages but apps and contacts (assuming they're stored as google contacts) will be restored when you reenter your user name and password. From the home screen, press menu, SD & phone storage, factory data reset.

kbwathen11

Reaction score
You'll lose text messages but apps and contacts (assuming they're stored as google contacts) will be restored when you reenter your user name and password. From the home screen, press menu, SD & phone storage, factory data reset.

doing this, will it also delete my pictures?

cris

Reaction score
doing a reset you lose everything. best to do a backup of your contacts, and write down any apps you want to keep. incase you cant get them back afterwards, you will know what ones to redownload.

JawBoneEra

Reaction score
If you are paying insurance on your phone you possibly will receive a incredible 2 but will pay a deductible $89. I received an incredible 2 over a month ago using my insurance after crushing my original incredible (the incredible does not hold up so incredibly under a forklift).

khw1959

Reaction score
If you are paying insurance on your phone you possibly will receive a incredible 2 but will pay a deductible $89. I received an incredible 2 over a month ago using my insurance after crushing my original incredible (the incredible does not hold up so incredibly under a forklift).

Same here but for my son's phone. He got a DInc2 also as a replacement.

cris

Reaction score
how much better is the dinc 2 over the dinc. i got a incredible and it sucks, data wont work, constant reboots, freezes, force closes stuff, i hate it.

JawBoneEra

Reaction score
how much better is the dinc 2 over the dinc. i got a incredible and it sucks, data wont work, constant reboots, freezes, force closes stuff, i hate it.

I have had both phones Dinc for 7 month and Dinc2 for about 6 weeks, I have never had a problem with either phone and love both.
My wife on the other hand has had the Dinc for 9 months and has had the same problem you are describing but also goes in to a reboot loop. The phone has had to be hard reset twice now. Last night I called Verizon and demanded that they cover the warrenty before it runs out, Verizon is reluctantly sending a refurbished phone. Her phone had vary little apps on it while mine has apps to the MAX.
My opioin is after millions of these phones being sold there will always be a few thousand lemons with hardware problems, If your under warranty us it.

cris

Reaction score
oh i have used the warranty this is my 4th one with the same problems as the others. im trying to save up for a droid or a droid x.

khw1959

Reaction score

His was dropped and broke the screen=Dinc2

Mine was constant reboot and I got a Dinc as a replacement