Will Verizon let me upgrade really early?

AthDruid

Reaction score
If you got one from Craigslist would you need a new sim catf?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

52brandon

Reaction score
I doubt you'll be able to. But my upgrade wasn't due until december and I got a thunderbolt a few weeks ago for $199 + $20 early upgrade. Go ask, worst that can happen is they say "no"

OP
k22

k22

Reaction score

I thought Verizon didn't use SIM cards though.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm extremely upset with the battery life on my DROIDX. I literally had it off the charger, rebooted it, and wasn't using it for 15 minutes and lost 10% battery.

I heard the TB has horrible battery life too, but I'm not sure. Should I wait for the summer and see what happens with Android, or go with the iPhone 5? I can't really with this phone's battery life any longer!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm extremely upset with the battery life on my DROIDX. I literally had it off the charger, rebooted it, and wasn't using it for 15 minutes and lost 10% battery.

I heard the TB has horrible battery life too, but I'm not sure. Should I wait for the summer and see what happens with Android, or go with the iPhone 5? I can't really with this phone's battery life any longer!

Verizons 4G is a sim card which they offer free. Regarding battery life on the TB, I think the it improved dramatically. I can get anywhere between 15 hours to 18 hours without charging with normal usage. I am rooted also with new radio update.

OP
k22

k22

Reaction score
And to be clear, Cyanogen mod works with the TB?

Since I'm not in a 4G area, will it always try to find 4G? That's got to impact battery life.

Immolate

Reaction score
Not once in nine months did my DroidX ever run out of juice, though I never charge during the day. The DX has a 1540 mAh battery compared to the Tbolt's 1400 mAh so if you had poor results it is almost certainly due to some extraordinary issue with either your battery or your phone.

With LTE and a 4.3 inch screen, Thunderbolt is a bigger consumer than the X, and with a smaller capacity battery, you can expect less potential time from it. Now there are a million tips and tricks to extend your battery life, and you should pay attention to them. However, I expect that you can learn to live with a standard battery if you need to, or buy an extended battery if you'd rather not.

MrKleen

Reaction score

If you are not happy with the battery on the X, you will not be happy with the Thunderbolt. Battery life with all these phones are not fantastic. The Iphone does not last forever either.

CyanogenMod will be coming to the thunderbolt very soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score

If you are not happy with the battery on the X, you will not be happy with the Thunderbolt. Battery life with all these phones are not fantastic. The Iphone does not last forever either.

CyanogenMod will be coming to the X very soon.

I thought the locked bootloader prevented cyanogenmod from coming to the droid x/2/pro etc...?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^correct. It has though cvpcs is working on that....probably indefinitely.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score

CyanogenMod will be coming to the X very soon.

I thought the locked bootloader prevented cyanogenmod from coming to the droid x/2/pro etc...?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Ditto...cm will never be an option for post d1 Motorola phones because of the bootloader. Mrkleen must be mistaken...

Edit:
Unless someone leaks the encryption keys or something that is...

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrKleen

Reaction score
The thunderbolt does not have a locked bootloader what are you talking about? CyanogenMod Is going to be released on the thunderbolt very soon.

In his second post here wrote: "And to be clear, Cyanogen mod works with the TB?"

I was simply answering his question. Correct on the motorola phones you are locked out.

Last edited:

JustisLewis

Reaction score
The thunderbolt does not have a locked bootloader what are you talking about? CyanogenMod Is going to be released on the thunderbolt very soon.

In his second post here wrote: "And to be clear, Cyanogen mod works with the TB?"

I was simply answering his question. Correct on the motorola phones you are locked out.

You said "Cyangenmod will be coming to the X very soon". Must have been a typo

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Actually you're both wrong. The Thunderbolt does have a locked bootloader. It's just not encrypted like the ones on Motorola phones. Cm is doable on locked bootloaders just not encrypted ones.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

MrKleen

Reaction score

Oops, you are correct. I don't know how I did that... :)

sgtguthrie

Reaction score

Oops, you are correct. I don't know how I did that... :)

Okay, so now you went back and corrected it making me look like the EDIT: jerk...lol. Good thing it doesn't change in my post where I quoted you.

@Jay...you say its incorrect to call the tb's bootloader unlocked, yes, it was locked. It has been unlocked though quite easily. Once you unlock it via rooting, It's unlocked. You can't put cm on a phone that's locked, but once you unlock it (s-off) you can flash anything. I think we all understand this, but I also think we understood that calling it unlocked meant that it can be unlocked...

Last edited: