Will verizon know if my phone is rooted for warranty if i cant even turn on?

jim2244

Reaction score
I got the white led problem but unlike the other times i have had it, the power vol down doesnt do anything, plugging into any charger just shows the white led, and on top of that the second u touch the power button to do the reboot it turns the white led off (2 seconds) not the 10 second and lately it hasnt even attempted to turn on at all... it was working fine just until it randomly wouldnt let me charge it so if i returned it to verizon you think they would even know if it has been rooted

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I doubt it because as soon as they get a phone the first thing they do is wipe/flash it. That's if you mail it in and they give you a cln im not sure about actually going to a Verizon store though

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I got the white led problem but unlike the other times i have had it, the power vol down doesnt do anything, plugging into any charger just shows the white led, and on top of that the second u touch the power button to do the reboot it turns the white led off (2 seconds) not the 10 second and lately it hasnt even attempted to turn on at all... it was working fine just until it randomly wouldnt let me charge it so if i returned it to verizon you think they would even know if it has been rooted
Regarding your question...YES, Verizon can tell if your phone is rooted or has ever been rooted even if it is not currently rooted. Verizon can "query" your phone, depending on the phone's status one of three codes will be returned. 1---phone not rooted, 2---phone currently rooted or 3---phone has been rooted but not currently rooted.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Regarding your question...YES, Verizon can tell if your phone is rooted or has ever been rooted even if it is not currently rooted. Verizon can "query" your phone, depending on the phone's status one of three codes will be returned. 1---phone not rooted, 2---phone currently rooted or 3---phone has been rooted but not currently rooted.

I don't understand why the care so much about rooting its really not that big of a deal

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I don't understand why the care so much about rooting its really not that big of a deal

From a user stand point I agree unless you want to flash different ROMs etc. With the amount on device storage/memory etc there really isn't a need to move or remove apps (bloatware) like there use to be. From a manufactures/carriers point of view, they clearly state that root will void your warranty...so for them it is a financial issue. When a phone is returned for warranty repair of exchange because it does not function correctly, I'm sure they want to know is it a software or hardware failure that they have to fix at their cost or is it a problem that is, or could have been caused, from "tinkering" with system settings/software that they never intended a user to to have access to.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
From a user stand point I agree unless you want to flash different ROMs etc. With the amount on device storage/memory etc there really isn't a need to move or remove apps (bloatware) like there use to be. From a manufactures/carriers point of view, they clearly state that root will void your warranty...so for them it is a financial issue. When a phone is returned for warranty repair of exchange because it does not function correctly, I'm sure they want to know is it a software or hardware failure that they have to fix at their cost or is it a problem that is, or could have been caused, from "tinkering" with system settings/software that they never intended a user to to have access to.

All I ever do is change the boot logo and the notification symbols and over/underclock for battery or performance

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
All I ever do is change the boot logo and the notification symbols and over/underclock for battery or performance

About the only thing I do is freeze bloatware and the other Verizon stuff, use SD Maid (great utility for rooted phones) and run Apex Pro. That's about it.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
jim2244 said:

Jim, let's work on the problem at hand. It sounds like you are in a deep discharge state. The battery is so low it will not accept a charge. What kind of phone do you have? If you have a removable battery, pull it and slap it on an external charger. If you do not have a removable battery, get a factory cable. That will allow you to power you even without a battery.
Here is a link for a factory cake adapter that should work for you if you have a moto device.

http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Factory-Adapters-motadapt.htm

Last edited:

jbaeza83

Reaction score
Does Asurion care if a phone is rooted or has been rooted?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Jim, let's work on the problem at hand. It sounds like you are in a deep discharge state. The battery is so low it will not accept a charge. What kind of phone do you have? If you have a removable battery, pull it and slap it on an external charger. If you do not have a removable battery, get a factory cable. That will allow you to power you even without a battery.
Here is a link for a factory cake adapter that should work for you if you have a moto device.

Motorola Factory Adapters
lol...yeah we kinda got all rapped around the axle on root and that was not the problem...thanks for getting us back on track Mike.757.

OP
jim2244

jim2244

Reaction score

Motorola Factory Adapters

thank you very much for all of the info i really wish i knew what caused this, the phone ended up not letting me charge at all and on top of that it went to 1% and the phone stayed on for like another hour too i guess the 1.3 simplex rom was faulty or something i did messed it up i wish i knew so i dont end up doing it again
i ended up buying a droid a855 which was the phone i had for years when it first came out lol hope this does get fixed though i love my razr

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
With a razr you cannot let the battery get to zero. What I recommend is getting the adapter, charging the phone back up and then doing a data factory reset. You will have your razr back in like new condition. How it works out for you!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There is a remote troubleshooting app on razrs... if you call for tech support... they can see a lot about your phone... but..if you're rooted or not....idk. it's a likely possibility.

Now, since it can't be turned on... idk.

Last edited:
OP
jim2244

jim2244

Reaction score
With a razr you cannot let the battery get to zero. What I recommend is getting the adapter, charging the phone back up and then doing a data factory reset. You will have your razr back in like new condition. How it works out for you!
yeah thats what im going to end up doing, hopefully that black hat factory cable works i miss my baby =p but ill have to end up going to stock and keep it there i just like the ad blocking and tethering but they started to make it so theres not even a need for root now so i guess itll be worth a try you guys were all too helpful thank you very much for everything

OP
jim2244

jim2244

Reaction score
well new update on this sadly, i used that factory cable and it had ended up doing nothing at all, it didnt boot or respond with the white led (Tried without the factory cable and it was white led) does anyone know if maybe one of the pins on this might be bad? and if i send it back in i would get trouble if i got a replacement razr?