Will Verizon drop the price of the Motorola Droid Maxx to $99 anytime soon?

Livin PA

Reaction score
I am looking to keep my unlimited data and to be sure I want to have my phone bought/activated in store. However I can get the Droid Maxx on Amazon right now for $99. I am not impatient so do you think if I wait until Black Friday or December they will drop the price to $99 for the holidays? Thanks.

wilyums

Reaction score
I think it would be $99 on a new contract. You won't get to keep unlimited without buying the phone at full cost. But, if you do find this at $99 off contract let us all know.

OP
L

Livin PA

Reaction score
I think it would be $99 on a new contract. You won't get to keep unlimited without buying the phone at full cost. But, if you do find this at $99 off contract let us all know.

I have to contact a local Verizon store because it sounds like your speculating. Like I said in my first post we have a regular phone on another line which has an upgrade available, once activated it will be transfered to the unlimited line.

wilyums

Reaction score
Sorry but in your original post it didn't say anything about the extra line. You could do that and keep your unlimited line.

OP
L

Livin PA

Reaction score
My bad, I made 3 new threads on the same day with two talking about my plan. This one didn't include info on my other lines. I am just going to have to contact a local Verizon store since I don't have one in the immediate area.

Clamshell

Reaction score
$39

Amazon on contract today. Wished I was eligible for a upgrade or I'd jump on it.
Wonder when the off contract price will drop? Or will it? Ugrade fee waived also.

Last edited:

Clamshell

Reaction score
Verizon Droid Maxx Now 99.00

Price drop to 99.00 with 2yr contract. Free when you trade in a working smart phone with the trade in program till the 17th I think.

Might have to take advantage of this deal.

OP
L

Livin PA

Reaction score
Price drop to 99.00 with 2yr contract. Free when you trade in a working smart phone with the trade in program till the 17th I think.

Might have to take advantage of this deal.

Thanks for the tip but since I made this thread I decided not to go with the Maxx for a few reasons:

-Motorola got bought out by a Chinese company, I don't want to support a Chinese company that is likely to raid the company for their innovations then gut the company.

-I got hit with more bills so it's going to be another month before I can even think about getting a new phone.

-I am warming up to getting the Samsung Galaxy S5.

By time I can afford a new phone the S5 will probably be available from Verizon so I will probably just use the upgrade so I can have the latest and greatest, plus I will be able to keep using an SD card. The SD card was something I could overlook (Even though I was a bit upset with it) but now that Motorola is going Chinese and will probably start designing the phones in China I don't want to support that. If they decide to keep Americans designing the phones and the Motorola quality stays constant I will come back to Motorola when my S5 becomes obsolete.