Will Verizon Catch Me Tethering My Droid? ;)

liberty1

Reaction score
Best not to abuse tethering. AT&T and Verizon are both checking usage.

incrediblesense

Reaction score
Edit: Verizon does NOT have a data cap. However, people say it's better to play it safe and stay under 5 GB when using un-authorized tethering.

jf7609

Reaction score
I overdo it all the time. I use 10-15GB every month and have been since it has been available. I've shown screen shots to prove it several times. You're fine, tether.

Oh come on, over do it? Talk to me when you match my 50 gigs last month. :p I actually just saw on another forum someone put a screen shot from their phone showing they had used 128 gigs. Now that's some serious data for a phone!

jf7609

Reaction score
If you use a lot of bandwith/data the answer is yes. Verizon will charge you for that data because they know your smartphone wouldn't be using that amount of bandwith and you would probably go over the 5GB cap for unlimited.

There is no 5 gig cap for unlimited. Unlimited is unlimited. I used 50 gigs last month and 35 the month before. Download speeds never fluctuated.

paulman

Reaction score
You and Me already paying them "Unlimited" data plan, no reason for them to come after anybody.

paulman

Reaction score
...by the way, Im using EasyTehter Pro (full ver.)...better than pdanet:greendroid:

Sum1udono

Reaction score
I found a post off a Droid x forum that worked awesome. Dial ##778 go through Ur options and delete everywhere it says .dun then u can use the dinc as a wireless hotspot. I use it to play call of duty on the Wii. I had some driver problems when I was using pdanet with my laptop, but this connection is super easy. Kills my battery twice as quick, though.

Ps- did it awhile ago, but I'm pretty sure those instructions are right.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

4W3S0M3

Reaction score
They don't care anymore what u do...tether, download adult material, put spicegirls on repeat as u text ur email then respond to ur own text....cuz u will pay for excess data usage now that they did away with the unlimited data plan......those assholes!

"sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"

bplewis24

Reaction score
I am going to be hanging out at my luddite manfriend's for a week. He's a mountain hippie and doesn't have The Information Tubes. Will Verizon catch on if I tether my MacBook using PDANet? My understanding is that to catch somebody tethering illegally, they look at the amount of data the person downloads. I won't be downloading anything; just watching Netflix instantly.Do you think The Man will catch on?

Not only will they catch on, but they will track you down. Please read this post, as it is a fine example of what can happen: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/138304-p3droid-some-food-thought-bootloaders-rooting-manufacturers-carriers-26.html#post1441320

Brandon