will using wireless tether from another phone to access my G4 use data??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
EDIT: So I finally got my s4 phone which I live with the exception of no longer having unlimited data. I was wondering if I use my old rooted droid 2 phone with the wifi tether app for root users to gain wifi on my gs4 would I be using data to get charged$?

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
So I finally got my s4 phone which I live with th3 exception of no longer having unlimited data. I wae wondering if I use my old rooted droid 2 phone with the wifi tether app for root users to gain wifi 9n my gs4 would I be using data to get charged$?

Started to wonder if I shouldve just shelved out 650 for a new contract to keep my unlimited, as rediculous as that sounded to me

Bratster2

Reaction score
If you still have a data plan with your old phone, I don't see why not. But you have lost unlimited on the line your s4 is on.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
If you still have a data plan with your old phone, I don't see why not. But you have lost unlimited on the line your s4 is on.

Not sure id assume its no longer on there. Do u know anyone who got to keep their unlimited with the gs4?

Bratster2

Reaction score
If you buy it full retail your plan doesn't change, so you don't lose unlimited.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Your old d2, assuming it has a data connection still, can be used to tether to your s4. Wifi tether app allows you to take your phone's data capabilities and use it as a hotspot to tether to other devices.

And as I and many others have explained in your other thread, there were ways to keep your unlimited data while upgrading to the s4, you chose to believe Verizon instead.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Closing this thread as it's nothing more than a re-hashing of another thread now also under evaluation for being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.