Will this phone have BLUR?

Jeeper8889

Reaction score
Hello, will the the Motorola RAZR have the BLUR and the bloatware apps that can't be deleted? I'm trying to decide between the Nexus and the RAZR for my next phone. I'm really liking the shape of the RAZR but if its going to have blur and all the bloatware crap that's a deal breaker for me

Godric

Reaction score
Its a motorola phone and it has enough memory in it that bloatware won't even matter.

On the other hand, the GN is a pure google phone so I doubt it will have bloatware

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
J

Jeeper8889

Reaction score
Sounds like the RAZR will be getting ICS which has bloatware removing capabilities, might not be a big deal after all

Rayv

Reaction score
With the upcoming bloatware disabling features of ICS, does this mean even motoblur can be disabled as well? I don't completely understand how this works.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With the upcoming bloatware disabling features of ICS, does this mean even motoblur can be disabled as well? I don't completely understand how this works.

According to what I read it will virtually freeze the app just like Titanium does. The app will be disabled and will not show up in your app drawer and can not be run unless you re-activate it.

lobo13

Reaction score
Can't wait for this phone to be updated to ICS. But, does anyone know what is actually different in 2.3.5, which the Razr has and the 2.3.4 which the Bionic has. That is what I am curious about.

Godric

Reaction score
I know in stock 2.3.4 and 2.3.5, only small differences. Not sure about blur though.

And Blur is the skin motorola has been adding to their android phones lately. With added features that aren't present in stock gingerbread.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't understand the obsession with hating Motoblur. I don't have a problem with it. I also have no problems with the additional software, sure it may be annoying to have to see something you'll never use, but it isn't taking a ton of space and it isn't causing performance hits.

305rev305

Reaction score
I don't understand the obsession with hating Motoblur. I don't have a problem with it. I also have no problems with the additional software, sure it may be annoying to have to see something you'll never use, but it isn't taking a ton of space and it isn't causing performance hits.

I had the X and Blur lags big time. Maybe on the Razr blur works better who knows...But if u get an HTC and use sense you'll notice the difference. Sense on HTC is smooth as the iPhone.

U can always buy the Moto and use another launcher like ADW which I love...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Try the stock ROM and then get an AOSP ROM like CM7 where the screen transitions are smooth and everything is fast. I went back to the stock ROM for a few days and found myself overclocking just to make the screen animations not choppy.

It does cause performance hits, you just don't realize how much until you ditch it.

Boot Manager

OP
J

Jeeper8889

Reaction score
Blur and bloatware do cause performance issues, why do you think the majority of android users hate it :blink: