Will these restaurants be around?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by pc747, May 18, 2018.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,866

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +10,574
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z2 Force
    I hope Chili's doesn't go away, it's one of my all-time favorites. I go there often when we do dine out.

Applebee's used to be a favorite, but the one in our town turned horrible years ago, the service is terrible and I didn't like their menu change. BWW has always been way too noisy to me, so I avoid it. Ours is always packed & crowded, but it's soooooooooooo loud in there. They will probably all fade away though. Then 10 years from now something new will open when this current millennial trend changes and the new generation wants casual American dining again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. me just sayin

me just sayin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +4,697
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    I like all of them. most of them are over an hour drive so I don't visit as much. the only one that is local is subway and I refuse to eat there. their subway club turned into a salad sandwich. the meat is cut so thin, you can see light through it and it used to have 12 slices of meat. Now it is only 9 slices of meat at triple the original price.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kmf1

kmf1 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Z Force Droid Verizon
    I would miss Applebee's and Subway. I don't get to the others.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +4,386
    As someone that eats out every day. Subway; epitomizes cheapness at every level. I'm surprised they don't limit your napkins to two. Outback; Just an upscale Sizzlers. "Hurry up and wolf down your food and get out". Chilis; the only thing that keeps them afloat is that they allow their employees to consume adult beverages after their shift. In other words employees blow all their tip money on beer, it never leaves the building. BWW; just an high school cafeteria complete with the crappy food. If people didn't go there to see who can eat the most wings drenched in the hottest sauce it would be gone. Hooters; once your old enough to go to a real strip club hooters is off your radar. Really bad business model. Applebees; if they would've stuck to their original plan, i.e. big portions fair prices, they would still be thriving. I miss the 20 oz. chicken breast smothered with cheeses. And what ever happened to the "new potatoes"?

I read Yelp reviews all the time, and others also. Main stream America will whine about anything that costs over a buck, service that doesn't compare to the Ritz Carlton's day spa and they want enough food to feed four people for the price of one happy meal at McDonald's. Casual dining implies affordable dining and most here don't offer that. 5 out of the 6 aforementioned establishments depend on liquor sales to boost their bottom line and the corporate boards focus on that instead of the food part of the equation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,462
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Outback I would miss out of them all . Others I've not gone to in ages... I tend to go to local places not chains...

Pixel 2 XL

7. me just sayin

Ratings:
    +4,697
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    I know exactly what you mean. until I filed a complaint, the local subway were literally counting out four pickles, four olives, four small pieces of onions and so on, on their footlong subs. and yes, they did limit the napkins.

I rather go to local places myself but they tend to close early and on weekends. with me working nights, it is hard to get to one of those places before they close at 2 pm.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JandN2639

JandN2639 Active Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Honestly, we only occasionally visit Chili's or Outback. The others don't appeal to us at all. We like Roti and the nontoxic Chipotle much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 JandN2639, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  9. me just sayin

Ratings:
    +4,697
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    non-toxic chipotle ???? with their history ;-P

10. JandN2639

JandN2639 Active Member

Ratings:
    +52
    They cleaned up. No complaints for over a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk