Will these restaurants be around?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I hope Chili's doesn't go away, it's one of my all-time favorites. I go there often when we do dine out.

Applebee's used to be a favorite, but the one in our town turned horrible years ago, the service is terrible and I didn't like their menu change. BWW has always been way too noisy to me, so I avoid it. Ours is always packed & crowded, but it's soooooooooooo loud in there. They will probably all fade away though. Then 10 years from now something new will open when this current millennial trend changes and the new generation wants casual American dining again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I like all of them. most of them are over an hour drive so I don't visit as much. the only one that is local is subway and I refuse to eat there. their subway club turned into a salad sandwich. the meat is cut so thin, you can see light through it and it used to have 12 slices of meat. Now it is only 9 slices of meat at triple the original price.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
As someone that eats out every day. Subway; epitomizes cheapness at every level. I'm surprised they don't limit your napkins to two. Outback; Just an upscale Sizzlers. "Hurry up and wolf down your food and get out". Chilis; the only thing that keeps them afloat is that they allow their employees to consume adult beverages after their shift. In other words employees blow all their tip money on beer, it never leaves the building. BWW; just an high school cafeteria complete with the crappy food. If people didn't go there to see who can eat the most wings drenched in the hottest sauce it would be gone. Hooters; once your old enough to go to a real strip club hooters is off your radar. Really bad business model. Applebees; if they would've stuck to their original plan, i.e. big portions fair prices, they would still be thriving. I miss the 20 oz. chicken breast smothered with cheeses. And what ever happened to the "new potatoes"?

I read Yelp reviews all the time, and others also. Main stream America will whine about anything that costs over a buck, service that doesn't compare to the Ritz Carlton's day spa and they want enough food to feed four people for the price of one happy meal at McDonald's. Casual dining implies affordable dining and most here don't offer that. 5 out of the 6 aforementioned establishments depend on liquor sales to boost their bottom line and the corporate boards focus on that instead of the food part of the equation.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Outback I would miss out of them all . Others I've not gone to in ages... I tend to go to local places not chains...

Pixel 2 XL

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
As someone that eats out every day. Subway; epitomizes cheapness at every level. I'm surprised they don't limit your napkins to two.

I know exactly what you mean. until I filed a complaint, the local subway were literally counting out four pickles, four olives, four small pieces of onions and so on, on their footlong subs. and yes, they did limit the napkins.

Outback I would miss out of them all . Others I've not gone to in ages... I tend to go to local places not chains...

Pixel 2 XL

I rather go to local places myself but they tend to close early and on weekends. with me working nights, it is hard to get to one of those places before they close at 2 pm.

JandN2639

Reaction score
Honestly, we only occasionally visit Chili's or Outback. The others don't appeal to us at all. We like Roti and the nontoxic Chipotle much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: