Will there be live wallpapers

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I noticed this feature on the Nexus One and looks great

could this come with the 2.1 update or is the droid not powerful enough to handle it

backlash

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it will be in 2.1, when the Droid gets it.

bots

Reaction score
I ran the nexus one live wallpapers on my droid for a while. A lot of others reported lag, but they ran perfectly on my phone. Once they officially release them they should run even better, because the ones available now are optimized for the nexus' hardware, not the droid's.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't see why not, there are not too many differences between them, in fact if I remember, we have a dedicated GPU, so it just has to be coded accordingly, part of what moto will be doing to take the N1 and make the release for the Droid - Optimize !

bots

Reaction score
how much more powerful is the N1?

The nexus has a 1ghz processor, and the droid is clocked at 550mhz, but this is like comparing apples and oranges since they are 2 completely different architectures. Until we get accurate benchmarks on each device, there is really no way of telling. Someone with a nexus run neocore in benchmark mode and post results, might not be the best benchmark but I'd like to see the results.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
1Ghz CPU, ours has a 600Mhz, which is underclocked to 550.

512Mb of mem, 256 for us, could be moot anyway in terms of apps running from SD, supposedly being addressed for a future update.

My point from what I read is that we have a CPU and GPU, the N1's CPU does both, that could make them equal in performance.

N1 screen OLED, less power draw, however we'll see how adobe F**ks up the OS on both for power draw with flash.

Lastly, as others have posted, they have ported the screens over and they work briefly, but because it isn't optimized for our hardware, it's hit or miss, but the fact they do run means you will see them.