Will there be a new R2-D2 edition Droid?

acrc1118

Reaction score
Hello all,

I had been waiting until I could afford the data plan in order to get a R2-D2 Droid 2, however, they were discontinued the week before I was finally going to get one! And I was soooo psyched for it! However, I cannot afford the $200-$300 asking price on Ebay, Craigslist, etc...

Has anyone heard if there will be a new Star Wars edition Droid phone? If not, I'll pick up the Droid X, but I can just see myself getting it, only to find out, 31 days later (after I can no longer return the phone) about a new Star Wars edition Droid!

Thanks!

gsdreams

Reaction score
I wouldn't be suprised to see other themed phones, including possibly another star wars based one (maybe c3po? ), but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Right now VZW's main priority is there 4G devices, and not themed ones.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah it's possible but iirc there was speculation that they only made the r2d2 because lucasfilm had copyrighted the word droid and moto used it without permission. so in stead of a lawsuit they had them make the phone to hype a re release or something. i could be way off base, that's just what i remember.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP you can still find them in some Verizon stores.
I doubt they wold make a sequel to a fail phone but this is Motorola so who knows.