Will there be a Droid X2 to combat the Iphone 5?

knighthonor

Reaction score
I like my Droid X because of the nice size screen. But would like more features ofc. But will the future Android phones all be smaller, or will we get a Android phone with a big screen like Dx, but with more powerful specs?

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Vandy343

Reaction score
I saw something on here somewhere about new phones to follow up the droid 2 the droid x and the increible. I think it might have just been a rumor though. I would pull up a link but I'm on my phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jambanc

Reaction score
The droid bionic will have the same size screen as the dx

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really don't know. I just know those 2 are coming out and both are set to be dual core.

pilot25

Reaction score

The problem isn't the devices. Android manufacturers can crank out equally good devices as apple but the developers are going to make apps where the most potential for revenue is and that's iphone.

With an ATT only iphone there was less concern than now because people loved Verizon and wouldn't switch. Android was the alternative. Now some of those people will switch to iphone lessening the consumer base. Thereby reducing the desire to make apps.

Sold out in 17 hours for a device that is going to be replaced by iphone5 in June.

Android is going to take a huge hit.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score

The problem isn't the devices. Android manufacturers can crank out equally good devices as apple but the developers are going to make apps where the most potential for revenue is and that's iphone.

With an ATT only iphone there was less concern than now because people loved Verizon and wouldn't switch. Android was the alternative. Now some of those people will switch to iphone lessening the consumer base. Thereby reducing the desire to make apps.

Sold out in 17 hours for a device that is going to be replaced by iphone5 in June.

yeah, iam starting to think this is the end of the droid, and start of a Apple Monopoly. This new mass iphone movement, is even starting to effect PC sells as well. Apple PCs are becoming more popular.

GG world! Get ready, for buying products, with only 1 fixed spec that almost never gets updated.
GG :icon_evil:

royolpunk

Reaction score

+1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score

+1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

to bad Android Phone makers, wont do something extreme, to make Android more useful than Iphone5.

Did you all see that Feature list I linked for the IP5? Dayum!!!!! O.O:icon_eek:

Why doesnt Android Phone Makers, think of these things? man oh man. I wonder what it will take to out do IP5, and Apple in general.

I been searching all these phone details, and none of them seem even close to the features of the IP5!!

I was really looking forward to the expansion of the Android market that happen a month ago. But that fantasy was now shattered!!!! :icon_evil:

I dont know what to expect now. Where is Android heading?
google, what are you people DOING!!!
Do SOMETHING!!!

I look forward to the new Sony Emulator, but come on,,, will that really save Android? heck no. Sony likely will pull the same thing for the IP5 later on.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The DX2 and D2 will likely be released in Q2. The specs of the DX2 are for a dual core processor, but likely only 3g. No word on a ffc. No specs on the D3, but it will likely be similar to the DX2.

The Bionic will also be coming out in Q2, will have dual core, 4.3 inch screen, and will be LTE. The Atrix will be coming to VZW in Q4, and will have the lapdock feature, along with dual core, lte, ffc, and 4 inch screen.

The iphone 5 will likely be out in the summer, and is expected to have dual core. Other than that, the specs from that artocle are not overly impressive to me. It will certainly be a great phone with a great OS, but it will still have all the characteristics that draw people to Android.

tappin like a mutha

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
A little faster, a little more storage than the top-end Android pipeline...very nice. I don't buy 4G capable, unless they are referring to the faux-4G AT&T is currently pushing along with T-Mobile. It's not going to be LTE because Apple has said as much, though that doesn't 100% rule out a surprise.

As for apps, Android now has the larger installed base with growth still accelerating (although I don't know how the IPad and Itouch might change that dynamic). They caught IOS in ad impressions a few months ago. For a developer, Android is going to have the bigger market potential but you have to work quite a bit harder to reach that entire market.

But Google is now hiring developers to create apps. Actually a good thing, though. Sounds kind of like a quasi-venture capital approach to support innovation.

LOL, say hello to Google bloatware!
"A centerpiece of Google's pitch to developers involves the company's distribution power, people familiar with the matter said. Some of Google's homegrown apps come preinstalled on numerous Android devices"

Last edited:

KSR

Reaction score
I have the DX right now and I'm sure the Bionic will be out by time I'm ready for an upgrade, so that might be the update for me. I love the big screen so I don't want to go any smaller than the 4.3 any time soon. xD

<<17 :D>>

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
I have the DX right now and I'm sure the Bionic will be out by time I'm ready for an upgrade, so that might be the update for me. I love the big screen so I don't want to go any smaller than the 4.3 any time soon. xD

<<17 :D>>
too bad it has only half a gig ram