1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Will The Themes Work with the Rooted Official OTA 2.2?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ipawd1, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ipawd1

ipawd1 New Member

Curious because I'm enjoying this Xtheme rom by Fabolous and wanted to keep it going. However if I move to the official 2.2 Rooted, can I still use this theme?

Anyone tried it?

FABOLOUS if not can yuo update?
  2. dpron

dpron New Member

Unlikely. As I understand it the stock roms are all odexed so they won't work with themes. You'd need a deoxeded rom like BB or CM to enable theming.
  3. Car

Car New Member

They need to be re-written for each new build. When BB 0.4 was released, I didn't bother upgrading till Fabolous ported the NexTheme to work with 0.4 as well.
  4. mrpotatohead99

mrpotatohead99 New Member

Correct. The official 2.2 OTA that Pete has made available is odexed which means a theme will not install over it. However, knowing Pete I'm sure when he gets a little free time he'll deodex it and you will be able to theme that one! dancedroid :) Haha.

Go Pete!!! dancedroid