Will The Rufus Cuff Be Your Next Purchase?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Rufus-JoinTheWristRevolution.png

rufulede.png
The Rufus Cuff is an advanced wearable device with a revolutionary new take on wrist real estate. With a beautiful 3.2-inch widescreen, radical design, and reimagined form factor, the Rufus Cuff ends the era of the watch and ushers in the Wrist Communicator.

Rufus Labs, the company behind it, says its product "ends the era of the watch and ushers in the wrist communicator."

According to Gabe Grifoni, co-founder and CEO of Rufus Labs, the wearable will appeal to many people -- especially millennials who want information at a flick of the wrist. "It's not just a glorified notification center, we eventually see everyone ditching their phones," he told USA Today about the difference between the Rufus Cuff and smartwatches. "This will replace the need for smartphones, wallets, watches, fitness trackers, everything."

RufusCuff00002.jpg

Certainly is a bold statement, but I do appreciate his enthusiasm for his product.

Will the Rufus Cuff replace your Smartphone and Wearables? A 3.2" display plus the case will probably be close to 4". 4" on my wrist doesn't sound comfortable. especially during the summer months.
Leave your comments below.

You can pre-order yours [From $249.] now from the Rufus Store.

The Specs
TI Cortex A9 Processor
Bluetooth 4.0
3.2 inch TFT Capacitive Touchscreen
GPS
9-Axis Accel/Gyro/Compass
Source: Rufus Labs
Speaker
Dual Microphones
Front-facing Video Camera
Vibration Alert
16/32/64GB Storage
1175 mAh Battery
LED Alerts & Flash
Android Kit Kat
Multiple Language Support
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Spill & Splash Resistant

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Beam me up Scotty!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nah. It can't do everything. I don't want to browse webpages, check and reply to email, watch vids, etc on a screen that small. My Note is a bit bigger than I'd like, 5.2 or so would be preferable, but other than something just for the gym, that thing won't do.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
This will go nowhere quickly. It's too large to be practical.

boidsonly

Reaction score
I believe he is targeting the wrong crowd; he should be going for the adolescent group. They would probably find this "cool"...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm thinking this will be a very niche product at best. Doesn't appeal to me beyond the novelty factor.

As others have said, the screen's a bit small for all the things I do on my phone and a bit huge for all the things I do on my watch.

I like the idea of doing away with multiple devices/things, but I don't think this is the way to go. I like that my watch is "a glorified notification center". I spend good money on phones. My second phone with a 5.7" screen is on its way to me right now. I don't want to be doing those things on a smaller device. What I like about my watch Urbane is that it allows me to weed out less important notifications without digging out my phone. Inevitably, if I'm pulling the phone out to check a notification, even if I don't care about that one, I'll end up doing something else since the phone's already in my hand and unlocked.

With my watch, I can quickly ignore less important notifications and continue interacting with those around me.

Also, my Urbane is just about the right size for me for something on my wrist and I still manage to snag it on a doorway, desk, etc from time to time. That cuff would be smacking off of stuff all the time and there are plenty of situations where I'd think twice about wearing my watch and still do so that I KNOW I wouldn't strap this beast on.

Can you imagine the tan lines!? o_O

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Make it project maps or images as well..then I'd buy it..I think I see a pattern with myself..lol

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Seems like it would be impossible to type on, I use both of my thumbs when typing on my phone so for texting and all this would be really annoying and slow to me