Will the Droid2 use the same cases as the Droid1?

SilverTeath

Reaction score
They look almost identical except the elimination of the DPad, and all the hardware buttons are at the same place.

Discuss?

benJ

Reaction score
My guess is that it will not use the same case.

My reasoning behind this is when you look at the design of the device, you'll see they've changed the style slightly, which is especially noticeable with the "lip," it's now attached to the top slider area. Despite looking virtually identical, I'm pretty certain that the cases will be different because of the minor design tweaks that were made.

seestonebat

Reaction score
I sure hope I'll be able to use my two droid multimedia stations and my car mount for the droid 2. This would be a great opportunity for Motorola to distinguish themselves from Apple by allowing their users to use their "old" (like 8 whole months old!) accessories.

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
I sure hope I'll be able to use my two droid multimedia stations and my car mount for the droid 2. This would be a great opportunity for Motorola to distinguish themselves from Apple by allowing their users to use their "old" (like 8 whole months old!) accessories.

Nope it will not fit.

The designs which are similar are not the same.
Motorola changed the design just enough to have incompatibility
issues with older cases/multimedia stations.

harv2000

Reaction score
My multimedia station from my Droid 1 works with my Droid 2 as well. Anything that depends on the top portion (not the keyboard slide) being identical won't work. If all it depends on is the location/orientation of the connections, it appears that all is fine. I was surprised to see that the battery is actually the same battery in the Droid 1.